The mission of New Student Orientation (NSO), aligning with the institutional mission, is to holistically address the developmental needs of new Reinhardt students and families in transition within the Reinhardt University community. NSO and its related programs (SOAR and EagleBound) are designed and implemented to offer a comprehensive student and parent experience that introduce educational, social, and personal resources to facilitate the success of new students. NSO focuses on innovative collaborations with Reinhardt departments, and aims to develop skilled and confident Orientation leaders in order to meet the changing needs of our diverse community.
Learning Outcomes - Orientation Leaders
- Demonstrate knowledge on how to appropriately access campus information and resources, especially those that ease new student transitions and effectively communicate this information to NSO participants.
- Develop positive relationships with program participants, peers, faculty, and staff in order to establish a safe, inclusive and supportive community.
- Develop an understanding of the transitions and changes associated with the collegiate experience and an ability to convey that information to new students and their family members.
- Develop problem solving, conflict management and organizational skills in relation to effectively managing events and interpersonal issues.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of Reinhardt University’s history and traditions and portray spirit and pride in Reinhardt to program participants.
Learning Outcomes – New Student Orientation for Students:
- Articulate academic and social expectations of students at Reinhardt University.
- Inform students about the history, traditions, campus cultures, and engagement opportunities to facilitate identification with and integration into the institution.
- Communicate information about campus and resources, services and programs.
- Provide opportunities for new students to interact with fellow new students as well as experienced students, faculty, and staff.
- Prepare students to successfully navigate physical environment.
- Coordinate the processes for students to accomplish the tasks required to successfully enroll and successfully complete the registration process and have a full course load.
- Meet a faculty member and/or academic advisor within a chosen field of interest.
Learning Outcomes – New Student Orientation for Parents and Guests:
- Understand the academic and social expectations of their students at Reinhardt University.
- Contribute to their student’s success and support their education by becoming involved at Reinhardt University.
- Develop a connection to the Reinhardt community through interacting with fellow parents, administration, faculty, staff, and student leaders.
- Become aware of campus resources, services and programs.
- Inform parents and guests about the history, traditions, campus cultures, and engagement opportunities to facilitate identification with and integration into the institution.