Reinhardt University recognizes the important contributions that parents and families play in student success. That is why we invite you to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) along with your student. Parents and family members of new students will experience a specialized orientation during SOAR that runs concurrently with the Freshmen program. This program is designed specifically to help parents and family members gain insights into the kinds of adjustments students and their families will experience during their college years.
What will you experience at Parent and Family Member Orientation?
- A glimpse of life at Reinhardt
- Learn how to support your student while they are pursuing their degree
- Learn how you can stay involved in your students college experience
- Meet with academic deans to discuss your student’s major or program of study
- Be introduced to academic policies and academic support resources
- Receive information on a variety of student services and way students can get involved
- Ask questions of current students, staff and administrators
- Interact with other parents of new students
Please be aware, New Student Orientation (NSO) is a two-part process: SOAR and Eagle Bound and to ease your student’s transition into life at Reinhardt, your student is required to attend both parts of NSO. Please click the links for more information about SOAR and Eagle Bound.
To ensure that you and your student have a positive experience through New Student Orientation make sure you come prepared! Review the “Steps to SOAR” and complete all action items.