Putting your skills into action
Completing an internship during your collegiate career will help you put what you've learned in class into operation. You'll gain real-world experience and begin to flesh out your resume. You can make valuable job contacts and begin to network within your field.
For the internship coordinator for your major, please contact your program coordinator or dean.
To find your own internship experience check at these great websites!
Below is a list of recently completed internships:
- Smithsonian Institution
- Make a Wish Foundation
- "There Goes the Neighborhood" Reality TV show
- Comcast Studio 25/Zeel TV
- The Pickens County Progress
- Fox Sports Net South
- Cumming-Forsyth Chamber of Commerce
- WCFO-AM Newstalk Radio 1160
- WSTR-FM Star 94 Radio
- WKLS-FM 96.1 Radio - Project 9-6-1
- WMLB Radio Atlanta AM1690
- GDI Fashions Inc.
- Georgia Games
- Charter Media
- Gwinnett County Government, Communications Office
- Salisbury Baptist Church in Salisbury Scotland, UK.
- National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (the Grammys), Atlanta chapter
- Young Harris College Athletic Department
- Lakeside Church Recreation (Perth, Australia)
- Southwinds Church Recreation (Calgary, Alberta, Candada)
- Etowah High School basketball
- Gwinnett Braves Baseball Club
- Georgia Southern Campus Recreation and Intramurals
- Mizuno Sports USA
- 790 the Zone Sports Radio
- Towns County Recreation
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Walton and Roswell High Schools (football)
- Gordon College Athletics
Education (Candidate Teaching)
- School Systems in:
- Cartersville City
- US Navy Museum (Washington D.C.)
- Cherokee County Solicitor's Office
- ENGAGE (Kylie Moore)
- Itasca Biological Research Station, Minnesota.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates through the National Science Foundation at Alabama A&M University
- Mountain Conservation Land Trust
- Goshen Valley Boys Ranch
- Miami Childrens Hospital---Summer Program, Miami, Fla.
For more information
Peggy Collins Feehery
Director of Career and Professional Development Services
Hasty Student Life Center, Room 301
Office: (770) 720-5548
Fax: (770) 720-9105
Career Services Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.