Reinhardt offers a Bachelor of
Arts in Middle Grades Education through the Price School of Education. At Reinhardt, hands-on experience is valued and you will have a number of field experience opportunities prior to student teaching. A Price School of Education faculty member and your high school English mentor will structure your field experience so that you effectively design your lesson plans and then implement them with high school students.
Are You Ready To...
• Work with various kinds of students in your field experience
• Develop lesson plans
• Develop and implement programs designed to meet children's social, physical, intellectual, creative, cultural, emotional and developmental needs and interests in a play-based environment
• Build children's social and interpersonal skills and positive self-concept by establishing routines and positive guidance policies that allow children to feel secure, comfortable and safe establish and maintain good communication with children's families and community agencies involved in children's development
It Helps To Be...
• Genuinely interested in and respectful toward young people
• Abile to establish rapport and enjoy contact with the public, especially parents
• Someone who posesses trong leadership qualities and has
a clear speaking voice
• Proficient in written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Interested in different ways to solve questions and present information
• Enthusiastic for student subject areas
• Creative, imaginative, patient, energetic and resourceful
• In good mental, emotional and physical health
• Tolerant and appreciative of diverse cultures
Seeing students develop new skills and gain an appreciation for knowledge and learning can be very rewarding. However, teaching may be stressful. Some schools have large classes and lack important teaching tools, such as computers and up-to-date textbooks. Most teachers are held accountable for their students' performance on standardized tests, which can be frustrating. Occasionally, teachers must cope with unmotivated or disrespectful students. Many work the traditional 10-month school year with a 2-month break during the summer. Most do not teach during the summer, but some do.
You will learn how to integrate technology into your classroom,
use classroom management techniques and the best ways to support your students' learning, and acquire new teaching strategies you can use to meet the needs of diverse students. You will also learn to analyze how your students are doing in meeting curriculum objectives and how to design successful classroom activities, and how to prepare for success on the Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) English Content exams.
National Education Association
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
American Federation of Teachers
The Southern Early Childhood Association
National Association for the Education of Young Children
What Can I Do with A Degree in Early Childhood Education?
Remember your favorite teachers? What did they do that made them your favorites? As an Early Childhood Education major in the Price School of Education (PSOE) at Reinhardt University, you will learn the skills you'll need to become a favorite of the students you teach!
You will learn to connect with students. You will know what they need to learn in each grade from kindergarten through fifth grade. You'll be a great reading teacher, and your students will love learning mathematics, science and social studies from you.