Biking & Hiking Trails
Reinhardt University resides on 510-acres located minutes from the North Georgia Mountains. The woodlands surrounding the University have been a source of recreation and study ever since the University's first years. As North Georgia is considered a mountain biking Mecca it is fitting that Reinhardt University has designed a system of trails specifically for mountain bikers. These exclusive mountain bike trails take riders on a 7-mile system of interconnected trails located on University property that can be enjoyable year-round offering gorgeous views and excellent terrain for mountain biking, hiking and running.
The trails are located just minutes from the center of campus and are open for students, faculty, staff, and alumni as well as the general public.
Reinhardt University’s mountain bike trails are intended for experienced riders. These trails are suitable for those who posses good riding skills and are in good enough shape to ride for 2 hours. There are short but strenuous climbs and rocky sections as well as water crossings. Be cautious while on the trails as there are some high speed downhill sections.
The trailhead of Reinhardt University’s Mountain Bike Trails is located on Grady Street beside the James & Sis Brown Athletic Center. Parking for the Mountain Bike trails is located in the athletic center parking lot. All trails are loop trails, and return to the trailhead.
Mountain Biking & Hiking Trail Map
MOUNTAIN BIKE COURSE RULES
Reinhardt University wants your experience in this course to be a pleasant and safe one.
Please follow the course rules outlined below.
- Participants utilize the mountain bike course at their own risk. Mountain biking is a dangerous activity which could result in bodily injury and/or property damage. Reinhardt University is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals or damage to property while utilizing the course. Use of this course is on a voluntary basis.
- All mountain bike course participants must be at least 18-years old or in the company of a parent or guardian.
- Helmets and other protective safety gear must be worn at all times. Athletic or appropriate biking shoes must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals or open-toed or open-backed shoes are permitted while utilizing this course.
- Follow all instructions and posted signs carefully.
- Ride on open trails only. Participants shall not alter the course in any manner whatsoever.
- Keep the course clear at all times. All personal belongings are to be kept off the course. If you are stopped, pull off the trail to allow other riders to pass.
- Be courteous of other riders. Let fellow course users know you are approaching and yield when appropriate.
- Handle the course and your bicycle in a responsible manner. Inattention while riding can result in serious injury to yourself and others.
- Do not use the course if you are taking any medication that causes drowsiness or have any medical condition which makes such use inappropriate.
- Please respect other course users. Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Report all course damage, obstructions, course malfunctions, etc., to the Office of Student Activities.
- No glass bottles are permitted in the course.
- The course is trash free: carry out what you carry in and dispose of all trash in appropriate receptacles.
- Alcohol, smoking, and drugs are not allowed on the premises. Do not drink alcoholic beverages before using the course.
- Reinhardt University is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- The course is day use only – there is no overnight parking. Course hours are sunrise to sunset.
Individuals not adhering to these policies may be asked to leave.
Reinhardt University reserves the right to revoke the privileges of anyone who violates these rules.