If an organization fails to complete any of the steps listed below it will be reclassified as inactive with the University. An inactive status results in the loss of student organization rights and privileges. Some examples include cancellation of reservations made on campus, freezing of on campus accounts.
- Make sure you pick up an updated version of the Handbook for Student Clubs and Organizations from the Office of Student Activities.
- Complete the Student Organization Registration Form and return it to the Office of Student Activities by September 18 (at the latest).
- Make sure that you have submitted a current constitution and/or by-laws for your organization to the Office of Student Activities by September 18 (at the latest).
- Complete the Student Organization Funding Request Form and return it to the Student Government Association Office by September 18 (at the latest).
- Select or renew your relationship with a faculty staff member to be the advisor for your organization. Remember, each organization must have a full-time faculty or staff member as an advisor.
- Make sure your student organization maintains at least ten active student members and that student organization turns in a list of active members and leadership officers October 15.
- Select one member of your student organization to serve as your organization's representative to the Student Government Association's Student Senate which meets weekly on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. in the Hoke O'Kelley Auditorium.
- Make sure your student organization is represented at the Student Activities Fair. The Activities Fair is scheduled for Thursday, August 23 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on the Hasty Student Life Center Lawn. The Student Activities Fair is a chance for students (especially freshmen and transfer students) to see what involvement opportunities exist for them on campus. Annually we have about 200 participants in student organizations and about 600 students come out to see what Reinhardt has to offer, so be sure to make your organization's presence noticed. Bring information about your first meeting and have signup sheets ready to be filled out!
- Make sure your advisor attend the Student Organization Advisor Meeting on Friday, August 24 at 1:30 PM in the Gordy Center Community Room.. Advisors, make the most out of your Advising Relationship. This interactive workshop for student organization advisors will help you enhance your student organization and its members. The relationship between a student organization and its advisor is of paramount importance in the success of a student group. Advisors are invited to dialogue about how to maximize the effectiveness of that relationship.
- Send two (2) representatives from your organization to the Student Organization Officer Workshop. (SOOW) is schedule for Saturday, August 25 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and will take place in the Hoke O'Kelley Auditorium. The Student Organization Officer Workshop (SOOW) is a unique opportunity for student leaders to strengthen their leadership skills, network with other student leaders, and learn the ins-and-outs of running a successful student organization here at Reinhardt. The meeting will cover policies and procedures associated with student organizations. We will also make sure that you have signed and dated the front of the current constitution for your organization which is on file. Why Attend the SOOW? The SOOW is a great leadership development opportunity, and it is a required step in the student organization re-registration process at Reinhardt. Remember, each organization must send two representatives.