How to Start a Club
In order to be a club, there are a few things you need to do.
- Read the Club & Organization Policy Handbook.
- Find an advisor (they have to be a full time faculty or staff member of Reinhardt University).
- Register with the Office of Student Activities and the Student Government Association by filling out a Registration Form.
- If you would like your club to host a fundraising event, read the Fundraising Policies and Fill out a Fundraising Request Form.
The Office of Student Affairs and the Student Government Association Executive Board will then vote on whether or not your club is eligible based on whether or not your club meets the following requirements:
- The organization’s purpose is not in conflict with the mission of the University.
- The membership of the organizations is not exclusive (i.e., the organization must be open to all Reinhardt University students who are interested in membership).
- In the case of academic honor societies, membership may be exclusive if the national requirements dictate selection.
Once all this has happened, you will be notified within two weeks whether or not your club was approved.