Hazardous Weather Announcements and Closures
Reinhardt will operate on a normal schedule unless, due to hazardous weather conditions or other situations, our status is announced as "University Closed."
"University Closed" means:
- Classes are canceled.
- Faculty/staff need not report to their offices.
- All university events scheduled for that day (FPAC, Funk, athletic, student activities, alumni, etc.) are canceled.
- Gordy Center and residence halls are open to feed/house residential students and staff unless otherwise specified.
- Details will be posted to the Reinhardt University website when available.
The status of all day classes* (Waleska/Main Campus) will be announced by 7 a.m. If the status of evening classes is known at that time, it will be noted on the announcement. *Day classes are those that begin before 5 p.m.
If hazardous weather occurs during the day, a decision about evening classes* will be made and communicated by 3 p.m. *Evening classes are those that begin after 5 p.m.
How will you be notified regarding hazardous weather decisions?
EagleAlert messages will be sent to all REGISTERED Reinhardt e-mail accounts and all other registered e-mail addresses, cell phones and PDAs. Please be sure you have registered and validated your information.
A notice regarding the decision will be posted to the University homepage.
Resident students, faculty and staff & Waleska Commuters:
Emergency/weather information voice mail: 770-720-5601.
If voice mail does not answer after 10 rings, assume the power is out and the University is closed.
North Fulton Students:
- Check your designated cell phone or e-mail for an EagleAlert message;
- Call the North Fulton Center main line at 770-720-9191 or 770-720-5921 for status information; and/or
- Check the Reinhardt Web site at www.reinhardt.edu for an EagleAlert bulletin posting.
Cartersville, Canton and Marietta students:
Weather decisions will be communicated via site-specific EagleAlert messages so please be sure you are correctly registered with EagleAlert.
Also, you may monitor the following media for information on Reinhardt's weather status for Waleska and North Fulton (Cartersville and Marietta decisions may not be separately relayed by the media):
- WSB-TV Channel 2
- WAGA-TV Channel 5
- WXIA-TV Channel 11
- WGCL-TV Channel 46
- WLJA Radio (FM 101.1)
- WSTR Radio (FM 94.1)
- WSB Radio (AM 750/FM 98.5)
- WCCV - Cartersville Radio
- WRGA Radio (AM 1470)