Mark your calendars for Spring Alumni Day
By Erika Neldner
Reinhardt University’s Alumni Association is hosting its first "Spring Alumni Day" on March 25 as a way to gather with alumni and friends, old and new, and to celebrate 2016-2017 awards including John Wesley Clergy and Laity Awards, and the Distinguished Alumni of the Year award.
The day to be held on Reinhardt’s Waleska campus includes:
- A "meet-and-greet" coffee and continental breakfast featuring Provost Dr. Mark A. Roberts at 10 a.m. in the Community Room of the W. Frank & Evelyn J. Gordy Dining Center.
- The annual Alumni Awards luncheon honoring the award recipients: Distinguished Alumni of the Year and the Wesley Laity and Clergy awards will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Bannister Glasshouse, Hasty Student Center. Cost of the barbecue lunch is $12 for adults, children 12 and under are free.
- An afternoon of class, club and fraternity/sorority reunions is planned beginning at 1 p.m. at the open field space between the Ken White Softball and Baseball Fields, Jim and Syble Boring Sports Complex.
- Both Reinhardt Eagles men’s baseball and women’s softball teams play double-header games in the afternoon beginning at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., respectively, with baseball facing Bryan College and the Lady Eagles facing Montreat College. Alumni and their families will enter the games free of charge.
- Eagles’ alumni volleyball players will face the current Lady Eagles team in a game at 1 p.m. in the Brown Gym.
The day promises to be fun, interactive and inspirational as families gather to honor and reconnect with fellow alumni. Friends of Reinhardt are welcome and invited to all events.
For more information or to RSVP for the barbecue lunch, contact Pat Patton at (770) 720-5507 or SSP@reinhardt.edu.
Return to Previous Page