Academic Support at Reinhardt
The Academic Support Office (ASO) provides support to RU students with documented disabilities. However, the ASO is well known for the support that it offers to students with specific learning disabilities and/or attention deficit disorders over the years. Since 1982, students assisted by the ASO have been successful at Reinhardt, and many have graduated and become successful in their chosen careers. What makes ASO unique is that it is staffed by full-time professional educators who are also very proficient in working with students with disabilities.
ASO Program Requirements
- must meet regular Reinhardt entrance requirements.
- must have a diagnosis of a disability.
- may or may not have received accommodative services in the past due to ineligibility for high school services or late diagnosis.
How to Apply to ASO
- Request an ASO admission packet from the Office of Admission.
- Complete an application and submit the $25 application processing fee. You can apply online or contact the admissions office to request a paper application.
- Complete and return the ASO supplemental application.
- Have an official, sealed copy of your high school or college transcript or GED scores sent to Reinhardt.
- Have an official SAT or ACT score report sent to Reinhardt. Students applying for the ASO program may take a nonstandard (un-timed) test.
- Submit documents that support your disability. Documents submitted may include IEP. However, the IEP is not accepted as a documentation for disability; although, it may be accepted for provisional accommodation (1 year) pending the submission of a neuropsychological evaluation or other forms of documentation from a qualified medical professional.
- Submit three letters of reference addressing your aptitude, motivation, ability to set realistic goals, interpersonal skills and readiness for college.
- If admitted to Reinhardt, submit your $150 tuition deposit to guarantee your spot for your first semester.
- Before the first week of class, submit your final high school transcript (if applicable).
Students applying to the ASO program may be asked to interview with the ASO staff. For more information, contact the Director of the Academic Support Office, Tunji Adesesan, at 770-720-5567 or AAA@reinhardt.edu.
*Applicants who do not meet minimum admission requirements will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Admission decisions are not based on religion, race, creed, color, gender, marital status, or national origin. Admission to Reinhardt University does not guarantee admission to a specific program such as teacher education or music. See individual degree programs for admission requirements