Are you creative and artistic? Do you love to design? Do images excite you? If so, then the Graphic Communication degree may be the key to your future career.
This interdisciplinary major brings you the best of graphic communication skills rooted in an understanding of artistic theory and traditions.
Firmly grounded in the liberal and fine arts, this concentration prepares graduates for a wide range of artistic and creative careers.
As a Graphic Communication graduate, you will be prepared for a career in public relations, advertising, corporate communications, marketing, graphic design, publishing, web design, electronic commerce, and many other related careers.
Your senior portfolio will contain professional-quality promotional materials suitable for getting a successful start in this competitive industry.
What You Will Learn:
- Express your ideas through computer art, design, and photography.
- Gain hands-on experience with photography, graphic design, and computer art.
Skills You Acquire:
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, writing, and technological skills.
- Hands-on design and writing skills that utilize the latest digital technologies.
- Valuable critical thinking and problem solving skills to adapt to a changing professional environment.
- Skills in audience analysis and the development and implementation of strategic campaigns to effectively use design and writing skills to influence your audience.
"This major educates the students about how to really use their imagination and creative thoughts to visually communicate deeper meanings."
Bekah Dalfonso (‘08)