Are you a budding filmmaker or television producer? Have you always wanted to be either in front of or behind the cameras—or in the control room or editing lab, creating compelling television entertainment or news programs? Perhaps your dream has been to create political documentaries to persuade and audience about those issues in which you believe. Either way, this major is for you.
Most Digital Film and Video majors are creative, technologically savvy, and want to be on the cutting edge of the film, broadcasting, or advertising industry.
Firmly grounded in the liberal arts, with many courses in fine arts, theory, history, and criticism, you will gain hands-on experience with digital video technology, camera work, editing, graphics, producing, and directing.
As a result of your coursework and your internship, your senior portfolio will contain commercial-use video and promotional materials suitable for getting a successful start in this competitive industry.
What You Will Learn:
- Express your ideas through writing, electronically produced visuals, and sound.
- Gain hands-on experience with digital video technology, camera work, editing, graphics, producing, and directing.
Skills You Acquire:
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, writing, and technological skills
- Hands-on producing and directing skills that utilize the latest digital technology
- Competition at the national and international level (Reinhardt communication students have won nine International Telly Awards and two National Videographer Awards in recent years)
- Valuable critical thinking and problem solving skills to adapt to a changing professional environment
Jason Bunch doing camera work in the McCamish Broadcasting Studio