Can you picture yourself as a classroom teacher?
If so, we have just the program for you.
The Master of Arts in Teaching in Early Childhood Education
Approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC), the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program in Early Childhood Education at Reinhardt University is designed for college graduates with undergraduate degrees in fields other than education who are planning a career in the teaching profession and are seeking initial certification.
Completion of the MAT program leads to a master's degree and recommendation for a Georgia Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood (P-5) Education.
The MAT program includes advanced content preparation as well as professional education coursework. The goal of the MAT program is to transform candidates into professional educators who provide responsive teaching.
What are the benefits of the MAT program at Reinhardt University?
- Designed for adult students
- Leads to a Master's Degree and recommendation for a Georgia Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood (P-5) Education
- Offered at two locations -- The Reinhardt University MAT Metro Site and the Main Campus in Waleska (northwestern Cherokee County)
- Created as a Cohort Model - one group of students takes all their courses together
- Classes offered in the evening through our highly effective and personalized face-to-face delivery
- Two classes (six hours) during each 8-Week Session, earning a total of 12 hours per semester
- Required Field Experiences designed on an individual basis
- Three semesters (fall/spring; fall) to complete coursework, then one semester (spring) of full-time student teaching after all coursework is completed.
This program is approved by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges
and Schools, SACSCOC. For the complete accreditation statement >