You Can Get a Raise for an
In-field Graduate Degree
Start classes in August and finish in only four semesters. Upgrade to a T-5 teaching certificate and get a Salary Increase for your in-field graduate degree!
Earn a Master of Education
in Early Childhood Education
in 5 semesters
Want to know more about responsive teaching? STEM? Teacher Leadership? Then Reinhardt University is the place for you!
- Five semester (21-month) program
- Cohort model complemented with online classes
- SACS and PSC accredited
- Conveniently located in Cherokee County
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program in Early Childhood Education offered by the Price School of Education at Reinhardt University is designed for certified, practicing Early Childhood Education professionals who have successfully completed one year of full-time classroom experience and want to earn a master’s degree as part of a professional learning community.
The goal of the M.Ed. Program in Early Childhood Education at Reinhardt University is to transform professional educators into distinguished responsive classroom teachers, action researchers and instructional leaders.
SACS and PSC Accredited Program
The program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and allows classroom teachers in Early Childhood Education (P-5) to earn a M.Ed. in four semesters (summer to summer) while continuing their teaching career. The program requires candidates to complete three domains of professional development that include 36 hours or 11 courses.
Each cohort of students, the group of candidates who start the program together, take all 11 courses together. A new cohort will start each fall semester.
What are the unique benefits of the M.Ed. program taught by the Price School of Education at Reinhardt University?
- Focus on Responsive Teaching through Differentiated Instruction
- Emphasis on Classroom Action Research based on Identified Student Needs and School Improvement Initiatives
- Strong Curricular Framework informed by Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
- Infusion of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Initiative
- Development of Teacher Leaders to promote Data-Driven Decisions for School Improvement and positive impact on academic achievement for all students
- Required Capstone Experience at end of program designed on an individual basis
Are you interested in an M.Ed. Program that will help you become a Responsive Teacher Leader?
If so, Reinhardt's M.Ed. Program is perfect for you.
“The program is designed to engage participants in becoming responsive teachers, action researchers and instructional leaders within the classroom setting. Teachers will become entrenched in differentiated strategies, implement them in their classroom, collect evidence of student learning, and then reflect on and adjust their teaching practices based on student needs and school improvement initiatives. By examining how they can work as instructional leaders and collaborators in a professional learning community, teachers can become empowered to improve programs for students, promote appropriate professional practices, and support public policies for the positive development and learning of all children.” - Dr. Georgann Toop, MED Coordinator
For more information, please contact:
Dr. James Curry
Dean of the Price School of Education