Earn a Master of Education in Special Education
in 5 semesters
Currently Under Revision
This program is currently under review due to certification changes made by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC). Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for more information.
- Five semester (21-month) program
- Cohort model complemented with online classes
- Reinhardt University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, SACSCOC, and the Reinhardt M.Ed. is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission - for the complete accreditation statement >
- Conveniently located in Cherokee County
The Master of Education in Special Education (M.Ed./SPED) offered by the Price School of Education at Reinhardt University is designed for certified, practicing Special Education professionals who have successfully completed at least one year of full-time classroom experience and want to earn a master’s degree as part of a professional learning community. The goal of the M.Ed. Program in Special Education at Reinhardt University is to transform professional educators into responsive teachers in inclusion classrooms, effective collaborators, action researchers and instructional leaders.
What are the unique benefits of the M.Ed. in Special Education taught by the Price School of Education at Reinhardt University?
- Focus on effective instruction in inclusion classrooms
- Emphasis on classroom action research based on identified student needs and school improvement initiatives
- Strong curricular framework addressing Council for Exceptional Children's Advanced Content Standards
- Improved collaboration skills by fostering communication with families and school-based and agency stakeholders
- Development of teacher Leaders to promote data-driven decisions for school improvement and positive impact on academic achievement for all students
- Required capstone experience at end of program designed on an individual basis
Are you interested in an M.Ed. in Special Education that will help you become an Effective Teacher in Inclusion Classrooms?
If so, Reinhardt's M.Ed. in Special Education is perfect for you.