Master of Music Program Goals
the individual who completes the Master of Music degree should possess the following qualities, abilities, and skills. Additional specific learning outcomes for each emphasis are listed in the Student Assessment Plan.
- The ability to perform as a soloist and in ensembles with distinctive skill.
- The ability to instruct students in private and group lessons utilizing effective pedagogical methods.
- A demonstrable understanding of music style as discovered in advanced musical analysis.
- Extended knowledge and experience in the area of studio teaching and/or rehearsal settings including conceptual and practical applications of practices that support learning.
- Understanding and utilization of research methods that improve practices in rehearsal and performance and ability to frame the results in a scholarly manner.