We offer a robust internships program and place students in a wide range of companies and organizations.
Internship Advantages for Students:
• Gives you a chance to explore career fields through first-hand experience.
• Promotes development of confidence, maturity, responsibility, and skill in human relations.
• Increases the development of decision-making and analytical skills through experience in actual work environments.
• Creates a better understanding of theory by its actual application in practice.
• Helps you develop a more positive attitude toward coursework as a result of seeing its usefulness on-the-job, which often leads to better grades.
• Helps you gain professional experience to include on your resume, which can significantly improve your marketability to employers.
• Increases the potential for a higher salary and greater advancement upon graduation as a result of previous experience.
• Provides useful contacts that may lead to future employment.
• Provides the support of a faculty mentor during the difficult first entry into a professional career.
• Furnishes academic credit for learning that takes place on the job.
How Do I Get Started?
Before you start searching for an internship, you need to set some goals for yourself and evaluate what you want and need from an internship. Ask yourself the following questions:
• What are my career interests? What kind of work do I want to do?
• What kind of organization or industry intrigues me?
• What personal traits, skills, or knowledge would I like to develop?
• When can I fit an internship experience into my schedule?
• Where am I willing or able to intern?
• What are my income needs and transportation options?
Once you have done some goal setting, you are ready to begin the search process.
If you are a student interested in completing an internship or an organization searching for interns, you should contact our internship coordinator:
Dr. Evan L. Kropp
Assistant Professor and Internship Program Coordinator