Reinhardt University offers a
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film & Video through the School of Arts & Humanities. This degree
program students with the
knowledge and skills needed to
pursue artistic or creative commercial interests in digital
motion media for the convergent
global media environment.
Are You Ready To...
• Seek out and complete a
• Compile a portfolio containing
commercial-use video and
• Express your ideas through
writing, electronically produced
visuals, and sound
• Gain hands-on experience with
digital video technology, camera
work, editing, graphics, producing and directing
It Helps To Be...
• Technologically savvy
• A critical thinker and problem
Many film and video workers travel to locations to film and may stay in different areas for prolonged periods of time. Heavy equipment is often carried around and you will need to stand for long periods of time. Most people work full time.
• Media History, Theory and
• Writing, Design, technological
and oral communication
• Digital Video Production
• Web Design
• Editing and Directing
Digital Media Association
Digital Media FX
Digital Media Wire
World Wide Web Artists’ Consortium
What Can I Do with A Degree in Digital Film and Video?
|Are you a budding filmmaker or television producer? Have you
always wanted to be either in front of or behind the cameras - or
in the control room or editing lab, creating compelling television
entertainment or news programs? Perhaps your dream has been
to create political documentaries to persuade and audience about those issues in which you believe. Either way, this major is for you. Firmly grounded in the liberal arts, with many courses in fine arts, theory, history, and criticism, you will gain hands-on experience with digital video technology, camera work, editing, graphics, producing and directing.
Click the job titles below for further information
Public Relations Firms
• Visit the Career & Professional Development Services department in the Hasty Student Life Building and explore your career and intern potentials through CCN, FOCUS and CANDID Careers/Perfect Interview programs
• Join COMment, RU's Communications Club
• Gaining experience is the best way to stand out in this field
Dr. Brian O'Loughlin
Communication Program Coordinator
Dr. Larry Web
Associate Professor of Communication