Reinhardt University offers a
Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a concentration in Global Communication. This interdisciplinary degree program
is based in communication and
the social sciences and prepares
students for the professional
global workplace and for participation in professional and graduate programs.
Are You Ready To...
• Cultivate strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and creative technology skills for research, writing, design and presentation
• Participate in a study abroad
• Complete a professional internship
• Do an independent thesis
It Helps To Be...
• Willing to practice public speaking and communication skills
• Understanding and appreciative of cultural diversity
• Fluent other languages
• Adventurous and willing to travel
You may work in environments like offices, schools, conference centers, or other places. You will need to be able to speak another language or multiple languages to colleages and/or customers frequently. Long, irregular hours could be expected.
Since globalization is redefining
the concept of borders, facilitated by a convergence of media technologies, this major focuses on intercultural communications, cultural studies, and mass media in a global context.
International Radio & TV Society
The Society for Technical Communications
National Communication Association
What Can I Do with A Degree in Global Communication?
|We are bombarded with images and messages every day of our
lives, from billboards towering over the highway, to television
commercials, newspaper ads, leaflets, brochures, and radio
advertising. These messages shape our culture and define our
perceptions, influencing the way we think and look at almost
everything from a candy bar to geopolitics. Are you curious to
investigate the role mass media has played, and continues to
play, in culture? Given the enormous effect of the media on our
daily lives, there is much to learn about how and why media
reflects our social values. You will also examine the ways in which information is created and distributed, whether through a television commercial or a personal e-mail.
Click the job titles below for further information
Click the links below for further information
Graphic Design Firms
Ogilvy Public Relations
• Visit the Career & Professional Development Services department in the Hasty Student Life Building and explore your career and intern potentials through CCN, FOCUS and CANDID Careers/Perfect Interview programs
• Develop a portfolio demonstrating your experience
• Take (and become proficient in) a foreign language
Dr. Wayne Glowka
Dean of the School of Arts and Humanities