Clubs and Organizations
Alpha Kappa Delta (sociology)
Alpha Kappa Delta is an international sociology honor society dedicated to promoting, facilitating and recognizing academic scholarship in the subject of sociology.
To be a member, you must:
- be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program of Reinhardt University;
- be at least a junior (third year);
- have accumulated the equivalent of an overall grade point average of 3.0 and rank in the top 35 percent of your class in general scholarship;
- have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 grade point average in sociology courses taken at Reinhardt University before initiation; and
- have completed at least four regular courses in sociology before initiation.
For more information, contact Dr. Donald Gregory, associate professor of sociology and sociology program coordinator, at 770-720-5978 or DG2@reinhardt.edu.
Beta Beta Beta (biology)
Beta Beta Beta is a national honorary biology society established with three objectives: stimulation of student scholarship, sharing of scientific knowledge, and promotion of biological research. Members are encouraged to complete undergraduate independent research and have the opportunity to report on their findings in the laboratory through BIOS, the journal of the society. Published since 1930, BIOS is a quarterly journal which publishes articles of interest to the society, articles written by undergraduates, and articles of general biological interest.
As a pre-professional and social service organization, Reinhardt's Tri-Beta takes part in a variety of campus and community programs and events. The society participates in Earth Day events, the on-campus recycling program, and local river clean-up activities.
To be a member, you must:
- have a 3.0 biology grade point average or better;
- have completed 3 hours or more of upper division biology credit the semester that you pledge TriBeta; and
- have declared biology as your major.
For more information, contact Dr. Aliya Donnell, assistant professor of biology, at 770-720-5593 or AAD@reinhardt.edu.
Behavioral Sciences Club (sociology and psychology)
The Behavioral Sciences Club is a networking group for psychology and sociology majors at Reinhardt. The club is open for membership to current students with an interest in the behavioral sciences (sociology, psychology, gender studies, social science research).
For more information, contact Dr. Beth Russell, associate professor of psychology, at 770-720-5975 or SBR@reinhardt.edu or Dr. Donald Gregory, associate professor of sociology and sociology program coordinator, at 770-720-5978 or DG2@reinhardt.edu
Allied Health Club
Reinhardt University Allied Health Club (RUAHC) is an organization for all Biology majors interested in pursuing a career in the medical, nursing, dental, physical therapy, and pharmaceutical fields. RUAHC contributes to the education of those students interested in the health care industry to provide for the highest quality health care.
For more information, contact Dr. Danielle Satre, assistant professor of biology, at 770-720-5596 or email@example.com.