Reinhardt University offers a
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts through the School of Arts & Humanities. This degree program provides graduates with a broad background of knowledge in the major areas of communication
for today's global communication context and convergent media environment.
Are You Ready To...
• Seek out and complete a
• Compile a portfolio
• Develop integrated skills in
written, visual and oral communication
• Do research to explore your
own questions about the media
It Helps To Be...
• Proficient in technology and
• Willing to practice public
speaking and presentation skills
• A good listener
• Respectful of cultural diversity
• Aware of and interested in the
changing social media environment
You will likely spend a lot of time in the field conducting interviews and investigating stories or talking and communicating with other people. You may need to travel to different locations, depending on your specific job. Most people work full time and occasionally nights and weekends.
• Intercultural & interpersonal
• Mass Media
• Public Relations
• Electronic Media
American Advertising Federation
International Radio & TV Society
The Society for Technical
Association for Business
Association for Women
What Can I Do with A Degree in Communication Arts?
|Perhaps writing is your strong suit, or maybe it has always been visual design or image-making. Are you a people person who envisions a career in the public sphere? Maybe your passion has always been telling stories either through video, photography, or in writing? As a Reinhardt Communication Arts major, all of these dreams are possible. Your courses help you understand how media, culture and society are connected in our rapidly globalizing economy and social world, and they prepare you for a wide range of careers in communication and media as well as for graduate study.
Click the job titles below for further information
Click the links below for further information
• Visit the Career & Professional Development Services department in the Hasty Student Life Building and explore your career and intern potentials through CCN, FOCUS and CANDID Careers/Perfect Interview programs
• Join COMment, RU's Communications Club
• Serve as a public relations officer for an organization you
• Work for campus or local newspaper, television station, or
• Take courses in Psychology, Sociology, or Social Work to
broaden your perspective
• Volunteer to work on a local political campaign
• Learn to work well on a team and develop leadership skills
• Get experience with public speaking
Dr. Wayne Glowka
Dean of the School of Arts and Humanities
For more information
Peggy Collins Feehery
Director of Career and Professional Development Services
Hasty Student Life Center, Room 301
Office: (770) 720-5548
Fax: (770) 720-9105
Career Services Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.