Reinhardt offers a Bachelor of
Arts in Sacred Music through the School of Music. The Sacred Music program prepares students to direct church music programs including youth, adult, and handbell choirs and praise groups.
Are You Ready To...
• Study music theory
• Complete juries every year
• Become familiar with various styles and types of music
• Develop your directing skills and lead groups of performers
• Work with many different kinds of people
It Helps To Be...
• Musical, spiritual, and creative. You'll thrive if you enjoy juggling multiple roles. Most sacred music programs prepare students to serve as a congregation's performer, conductor, teacher, sacred-music expert, and arranger/composer.
• Able to accept constructive criticism
• A quick and efficient learner
• Able to creatively interpret music
Instrumental and teaching musicians work long hours. Practices and rehearsals usually are held during the day; performances often are evenings and weekends. They may be required to lift and carry instruments and accessories weighing up to 10 kilograms. Electronic audio and related equipment may weigh considerably more.
Your classes will introduce you to music theory, instrument training, music history, and various other courses that will broaden your horizons and expand your musical taste and knowledge. You will be properly prepared to perform or teach music in any kind of environment or situation.
American Federation of Musicians
American Symphony Orchestra League
American Composers Alliance
American Choral Directors Association