Academic Support at Reinhardt
Academic Support Office (ASO) provides support to RU students with documented
disabilities. However, the ASO is well known for the support that it
offers to students with specific learning disabilities and/or attention deficit
disorders over the years. Since 1982, students assisted by the ASO have been
successful at Reinhardt, and many have graduated and become successful in their
chosen careers. What makes ASO unique is
that it is staffed by full-time professional educators who are also very
proficient in working with students with disabilities.
ASO Program Requirements
- must meet regular Reinhardt entrance requirements.
- must have a diagnosis of a disability.
- may or may not have received accommodative services in
the past due to ineligibility for high school services or late diagnosis.
How to Apply to ASO
- Request an ASO admission packet from the Office of Admission.
- Complete an application and submit the $25 application processing fee. You can apply online or contact the admissions office to request a paper application.
- Complete and return the ASO supplemental application.
- Have an official, sealed copy of your high school or college transcript or GED scores sent to Reinhardt.
- Have an official SAT or ACT score report sent to Reinhardt. Students applying for the ASO program may take a nonstandard (un-timed) test.
- Submit documents that
support your disability. Documents submitted may include IEP. However, the IEP is
not accepted as a documentation for disability; although, it may be accepted
for provisional accommodation (1 year) pending the submission of a
neuropsychological evaluation or other forms of documentation from a qualified
- Submit three letters
of reference addressing your aptitude, motivation, ability to set realistic
goals, interpersonal skills and readiness for college.
- If admitted to Reinhardt, submit
your $150 tuition deposit to guarantee your spot for your first semester.
- Before the first week
of class, submit your final high school transcript (if applicable).
Students applying to
the ASO program may be asked to interview with the ASO staff. For more
information, contact the Director of the Academic Support Office, Tunji
Adesesan, at 770-720-5567 or AAA@reinhardt.edu.
*Applicants who do not
meet minimum admission requirements will be reviewed by the Admissions
are not based on religion, race, creed, color, gender, marital status, or
national origin. Admission to Reinhardt University does not guarantee
admission to a specific program such as teacher education or music. See
individual degree programs for admission requirements