Can you picture yourself as a classroom teacher?
If so, we have just the program for you.
The Master of Arts in Teaching in Early Childhood Education
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC), the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program in Early Childhood Education at Reinhardt University is designed for college graduates with undergraduate degrees in fields other than education who are planning a career in the teaching profession and are seeking initial certification.
Completion of the MAT program leads to a master's degree and recommendation for a Georgia Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood (P-5) Education.
The MAT program includes advanced content preparation as well as professional education coursework. The goal of the MAT program is to transform candidates into professional educators who provide responsive teaching.
What are the benefits of the MAT program at Reinhardt University?
- Designed for adult students
- Leads to a Master's Degree and recommendation for a Georgia Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood (P-5) Education
- Offered at two locations--The North Fulton Center in Alpharetta and the Main Campus in Waleska (northwestern Cherokee County)
- Created as a Cohort Model - one group of students takes all their courses together
- Classes offered in the evening through face-to-face or online delivery
- Two classes (six hours) during each 8-Week Session, earning a total of 12 hours per semester
- Required Field Experiences designed on an individual basis
- Three semesters (fall/spring; fall) to complete coursework, then one semester (spring) of full-time student teaching after all coursework is completed.
For information, please contact
Dr. Cindy Kiernan
Price School of Education
Admissions questions: 770-720-5797
Office of Graduate Studies
7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska, GA 30183-2981