Earn a Reading Endorsement
The Price School of Education at Reinhardt University offers a 3-course program to certified teachers who wish to add the Reading Endorsement to their existing certificate.
The spring 2014 schedule: for more on each class >
- EDU 744 and EDU 755 will be offered January - early May 2014, mostly online. EDU 744 and EDU 755 are full-semester courses.
- EDU 766 will be offered March - early May 2014, face-to-face. EDU 766 is a Session II course.
When Should I Apply?
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. For the spring 2014 cohort, classes begin January 6.
Why Earn a Reading Endorsement?
- Develop additional expertise in the teaching of reading, the primary building block for students to master all other content
- Become more marketable as administrators continually seek out teachers who are able to successfully teach all-important reading skills
- Show your initiative in expanding and enhancing your skills and experiences
What are the advantages of Reinhardt University's Reading Endorsement Program:
Flexible program length - The Reading Endorsement Program may be completed in one semester, or it may be spread out over several semesters, depending on one's preference.
Convenient format - The program is convenient for teachers with a mixture of online and traditional formats. For spring 2014, two of the three courses, the online courses, are full-semester courses (January - early May). The face-to-face course will be taught one night a week during March - early May.
Small classes & caring professors - The classes are taught by professors with real classroom experience in teaching reading to young students -- and with expertise in teaching how to teach reading. The professors are accessible, supportive, and friendly. Classes are small and interactive - Professors want students to participate, get involved, and ask questions.
For more information regarding the Reading Endorsement Program, contact
The Price School of Education
by phone at 770-720-9136
or via e-mail at TCG@reinhardt.edu