Earn a Reading Endorsement This Summer
Beginning Summer Semester 2013, the Price School of Education at Reinhardt University will offer a 3-course program to certified teachers who wish to add the Reading Endorsement to their existing certificate.
The summer 2013 schedule: for more on each class >
- EDU 744 and EDU 755 will be offered May – July, 2013, mostly online. EDU 744 and EDU 755 are full-semester courses.
- EDU 766 will be offered June – July, 2013, face-to-face. EDU 766 is a Session II course (June-July).
Why Earn a Reading Endorsement?
- Develop additional expertise in the teaching of reading, the primary building block for students to master all other content
- Become more marketable as administrators continually seek out teachers who are able to successfully teach all-important reading skills
- Show your initiative in expanding and enhancing your skills and experiences
What are the advantages of Reinhardt University's Reading Endorsement Program:
Flexible program length - The Reading Endorsement Program may be completed in one semester, or it may be spread out over several semesters, depending on one's preference.
Convenient format - The program is convenient for teachers with a mixture of online and traditional formats. For summer 2013, two of the three courses, the online courses, are full-semester courses (May, June, July). The face-to-face course will be taught one night a week during June and July.
Small classes & caring professors - The classes are taught by professors with real classroom experience in teaching reading to young students -- and with expertise in teaching how to teach reading. The professors are accessible, supportive, and friendly. Classes are small and interactive - Professors want students to participate, get involved, and ask questions.
When should I apply?
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Students who submit all completed application materials by May 1 will not be required to include the $25 application fee. For the summer 2013 cohort, classes begin May 6.
For more information regarding the Reading Endorsement Program, contact
The Price School of Education
by phone at 770-720-9136
or via e-mail at GCB1@reinhardt.edu