Earn a Reading Endorsement
The Price School of Education at Reinhardt University offers a 3-course program to certified teachers who wish to add the Reading Endorsement to their existing certificate.
The schedule: for more on each class >
- EDU 744 and EDU 755 will be offered as full semester classes and are offered mostly online.
- EDU 766 will be offered as a session II course and is a 9-week class
When Should I Apply?
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
For the summer cohort, classes begin in early May.
Fall cohort classes begin later in August.
Spring cohort classes begin in early January.
See the academic calendar for exact dates. >
Why Earn a Reading Endorsement?
- Develop additional expertise in the teaching of reading, the primary building block for students to master all other content
- Become more marketable as administrators continually seek out teachers who are able to successfully teach all-important reading skills
- Show your initiative in expanding and enhancing your skills and experiences
What are the advantages of Reinhardt University's Reading Endorsement Program:
Flexible program length - The Reading Endorsement Program may be completed in one semester, or it may be spread out over several semesters, depending on one's preference.
Convenient format - The program is convenient for teachers with a mixture of online and traditional formats. For fall 2013, two of the three courses, the online courses, are full-semester courses (August - early December). The face-to-face course will be taught one night a week during October - early December.
Small classes & caring professors - The classes are taught by professors with real classroom experience in teaching reading to young students -- and with expertise in teaching how to teach reading. The professors are accessible, supportive, and friendly. Classes are small and interactive - Professors want students to participate, get involved, and ask questions.
For more information regarding the Reading Endorsement Program, contact
The Price School of Education
by phone at 770-720-9136
or via e-mail at TCG@reinhardt.edu