MIXER 20 Proposal to Present
MIXER 20 is coming June 11, 2020!
Present at MIXER 20: All Things Data!
Would you like to present at MIXER's inaugural conference? We are looking for session proposals related to data literacy. As part of your 45-minute multimodal presentation, we encourage you to use one or more of the following:
- Demonstrations of teaching data literacy.
- Novel approaches that address certain science and math Georgia Standards of Excellence, such as formulating questions, collecting data, analyzing data, and interpreting results.
- A curated list of internet resources including video tutorials, guides, and literature on the topic.
- Hands-on activities that model approaches to data literacy.
- Collaborative, and/or interdisciplinary sessions.
- Round-table discussions.
More information about MIXER sessions:
- Sessions are 45 minutes in length
- Selected presenters are required to register for the conference
- Only Word, PDF, and Text documents will be accepted
Have the following ready prior to submitting a proposal:
- 250 word proposal (file upload with full description of the session)
- 35-50 word session description (file upload – will appear in conference schedule)
- 1 page resume for each presenter (file upload)
- 35-50 word bio for each presenter (file upload - will appear in conference schedule)
- Color photograph of each presenter (file upload – will appear in conference schedule)
Each file title should contain the name of the presenter. For example: KellySwintonProposal.docx, KellySwintonDescription.docx, KellySwintonResume.pdf, KellySwintonBio.docx, KellySwintonPhoto.jpg.
Collaborative and Group Presentations:
For collaborative and group presentations, each individual needs to submit the session proposal form (below). Please use the same title and reference all parties participating in the 250 word proposal.
Questions about submitting a proposal?