Study Abroad to Japan in May 2022
Student slots are full for this trip. Open to community members only.
Reinhardt University invites YOU to Discover Urban Environments and Culture in Japan
Are you ready to get out of the house and SEE THE WORLD again? Do you need something fun and exciting to plan for? Tired of only online experiences? We have a solution for you – travel with Reinhardt next SUMMER for 11 days in JAPAN! The TRIP COST includes all expenses paid except spending money and a couple of lunches.
Are you a student or a friend of Reinhardt University? If so, please consider joining us for a once in a lifetime adventure to JAPAN! In May 2022, we’re heading on a journey to The Land of the Rising Sun.
We are partnering again with EF (Education First) Tours. Our groups have already gone to Ecuador, Cuba, Ireland and Great Britain with EF, and this new trip promises to maintain the same high standards.
What’s included? Air travel (from Atlanta), hotels, most meals, a 24/7 bilingual tour director, comfortable motor coach, entrance to all events and local expert guides.
Please contact trip leader Elizabeth Smith EAS1@reinhardt.edu for more information
Our Adventure Plan
Day 1: Fly overnight to Japan
Day 2: Osaka - Meet your Tour Director at the airport ….. Enjoy dinner in Osaka
Day 3: Osaka • Hiroshima - Travel via Himeji Castle to Hiroshima
- Visit Himeji Castle …… Enjoy dinner in Hiroshima
Day 4: Hiroshima • Kyoto - Take an excursion to Miyajima Park
- Visit Itsukushima Shrine
- Tour Hiroshima with an expert local guide and visit the Peace Memorial Park and Museum
- Travel by bullet train to Kyoto ….. Enjoy dinner in Kyoto
Day 5: Kyoto - Tour Kyoto with an expert local guide
- Visit Nijo Castle ….. Visit the Gold Pavilion
- Visit Inari Taisha Shrine
- See a Kimono Show at the Nishijin Textile Center
- Enjoy dinner in Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto - Tour the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove with your Tour Director
Day 7: Kyoto • Hakone–Atami area - Travel by bullet train to Hakone
- Stop to snap a photo outside of Odawara Castle
- Visit Hakone National Park …… Enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Ashi
- Ride a cable car up Mount Komagatake ….. Enjoy a traditional dinner in Hakone
Day 8: Hakone–Atami area • Kamakura • Tokyo - Travel via Kamakura to Tokyo ….. Visit the Hachimangu Shrine
Spend time exploring Kamakura on your own
See the Great Buddha of Kamakura ….. Enjoy dinner in Tokyo
Day 9: Tokyo - Visit the Asakusa Kannon Temple
- Take a guided tour of Tokyo and with your expert local guide you will see:
- Harajuku shopping district
- Shibuya district
- Shinjuku district
- Visit the Meiji Shrine ….. See the Imperial Plaza and Metropolitan Government Building
- Spend time exploring Akihabara on your own
- Enjoy free time for lunch in the Harajuku area ….. Enjoy dinner in Tokyo
Day 10: Tokyo - Take a walking tour of Shibuya
- Spend a half day exploring Tokyo on your own
- Participate in a culturally-immersive activity such as:
- Meeting Japanese students
- Taking an origami class
Day 11: Depart for home
Do you have a friend or family member that would like to join us?
Community Member PAYMENT: Easy to set up payment plan on EF site
Apply this summer - if you are 18+ passport is good for 10 years (apply at least 3-6 months before trip)
This promises to be the trip of a lifetime and you are invited to share it with members of the Reinhardt community.
If you have any questions after looking at the tour link and Reinhardt Japan webpage PLEASE email me any questions at any time! We can also meet in my office Tarpley 308 if you like (see office hours below or email me for times that work for you).
Elizabeth A. Smith