Admission Requirements for the MFA Program
- Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission or contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for a paper application.
- Contact all postsecondary schools you attended (colleges, universities, and technical schools), whether or not you earned credit. Request an official transcript be sent Reinhardt. If your transcripts is under a different last name or maiden name, please note on the appropriate line on the application. One transcript must reflect a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).Please Note: Applicants with a GPA between under 2.75 should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for information about an appeals process.
- Please submit:
- Creative Writing Sample (20 pages): creative non-fiction, fiction, memoir, playwriting, poetry, screenplay
- Critical Writing Sample (any length): essay, scholarly paper, magazine article, newspaper book review, material providing examples of intellectual acumen (one or more of these)
- Personal Essay (any length, but typically up to two pages): Discuss why you would like to enter the MFA Program
- Personal References: Submit two personal references