How do I get a library card?

Your Reinhardt University Eagle Card is your library card and key to the After Hours Library.  You must present your card to borrow library materials.  Do not lend your Eagle Card to others. Report lost or stolen cards to Public Safety.

Replacement cards are available through Public Safety at 770.720.5789.

Can community visitors apply for a library card?

Yes. Reinhardt University (RU) has partnered with the Sequoyah Regional Library System (SRLS) to provide library services and resources to the local community. We welcome local residents to use our facilities and services. Please view the Community Patrons page for details.

How long can I keep books, media and periodicals?

Material type Loan period
Books 3 weeks   - students & community patrons
180 days - faculty & staff
Leisure Reading 3 weeks - students, faculty, staff & community patrons
Media 1 week - students, faculty, staff & community patrons
Reference, reserve & periodicals In-library use only

Can I renew material to extend the loan period?

Yes, you can renew materials provided there are no other requests for the item. Renewals can be made at the library service desk, using the library's online catalog, or by telephone at 770-720-9120.

Are there fines for overdue material?

Yes, fines on books are 5 cents a day per book for students and 20 cents a day per book for community patrons. Fines on media are $1 per day. Fines accrue daily to a maximum amount of $10 per item. Unreturned Reserve materials incur a $3 per day fine. Unpaid fines can prevent you from borrowing additional material and are sent to the Business Office for collection. Unpaid charges will delay registration, grades and transcripts.

What do I do if I lose a book, periodical or media item?

Report lost material immediately to the library and keep searching. If not found, you must pay the replacement cost plus a $10 processing fee and any outstanding fines. The replacement cost of a circulating book is $55. Replacement costs for other materials vary. Unpaid charges are sent to the Business Office for collection and will delay registration, grades and transcripts.