Welcome to Reinhardt University’s Hill Freeman Library & Spruill Learning Center.
Reinhardt University (RU) has partnered with the Sequoyah Regional Library System (SRLS) to provide library services and resources to the local community. We welcome local residents to use our facilities and services as outlined below. Please understand that Reinhardt's first obligation is to meet its student, faculty, and staff educational needs, thus we must place some parameters around community usage. For access to complete public library services and resources, please visit a nearby branch of the Sequoyah Regional Public Library in Canton, Ball Ground, Woodstock, Ellijay and Jasper.
Library Cards and Item Check-out for Community Residents
- Your SRLS card is also your Reinhardt Library card.
- You may apply for your card online through the SRLS webpage or come into the library where we can help you apply.
- If you already have a SRLS card, bring it into the RU library and we will register you so that you are able to check out Reinhardt library materials as well.
- Community patrons may have a maximum of 30 items borrowed at one time.
- Loan periods are 3 weeks for books and 1 week for media.
- Fines are 20 cents per day for overdue books with a maximum charge of $10 per item. At that point a book is declared lost and would incur a fee of $10 for processing plus $55 replacement cost per item if not returned. Borrowing privileges will be canceled on unpaid accounts.
Computer Usage and Copier Use by Community Residents
- Computers in the open computing area on the 3rd floor of the library are available for community patron use. Computer usage must be compliant with the library’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Black and white printing is free on the printer located in this area.
- Color printing is available for 50 cents at the service desk.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the library for laptop and smart phone usage. Please ask at the service desk for the Wi-Fi password.
- Reinhardt library databases are not available for use outside the library to community patrons as this violates contractual agreements with vendors.
- Black and white photocopying cost 15 cents per page.
- Scanning is available at no cost but you must save the file to a USB drive.
SRLS Services Available at RU Library
- You may return books that you have checked out at a SRLS branch to the Reinhardt Library. SRLS will be notified that the books have been returned; however, there may be a delay in getting the items off your card depending upon SRLS receiving the information that the books have been returned.
- SRLS will send a courier to deliver the books back to the appropriate library.
- You may also apply for a SRLS card at the RU library. You must go to a SRLS branch to complete the process of receiving your card.
Meeting Room Space
- The Hill Freeman Library & Spruill Learning Center has several rooms which can be reserved for meeting space.
- Rooms include the Community Room which can accommodate up to 96 people in various configurations and small tutorial and group study rooms that comfortably seat up to 6-8 persons.
- Use of these rooms is in accordance with SRLS and RU meeting room guidelines.
- Availability may be limited.
- Please contact Joel Langford at email@example.com or 770.720.5585 for availability and reservations.
Expectations for Visitor Behavior
- All patrons should behave in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Be aware of noise levels, pick up after yourself, and wear appropriate attire.
- Cell phones should be set to vibrate and calls taken outside of the library building.