Each year, Reinhardt University honors its United Methodist heritage with the Annual United Methodist Scholarship Golf Outing. This event supports annual scholarships for students entering the ministry, the children of United Methodist Church (UMC) ministers and other UMC students.
Following a year without a tournament due to the pandemic, golfers were excited for the 28th Annual United Methodist Scholarship Golf Outing on May 19, hosted at Lake Arrowhead Yacht and Country Club in Waleska, GA.
Speaking at the tournament was Reinhardt student Jared Brooks (’24) who is studying music education and interested in becoming a worship minister.
“Being a recipient of this scholarship will allow me to further my education and be able to provide for my community in a way that I couldn’t have done before. I believe that God is doing amazing things at Reinhardt and I am so glad to be a part of it.”
“The scholarship offer made the difference in our son being able to attend Reinhardt,” Parent and participant in the golf outing Rev. Kelly Beckley said on her personal experience and benefits of these scholarships. “As a Methodist pastor, receiving a scholarship that affirmed that connection was extremely meaningful to our family. Thank you for your generosity in making this possible for my child and many more to follow!”
This year’s outing included 100 players and raised nearly $30,000 for these scholarships.
Winners for the day included:
- Low net team went to Reinhardt wrestling coach Jeff Bedard, Jeff Boyd, Luis Mora and Reinhardt golf team student-athlete Dylan Long
- Low gross team of Andy Burrill, Kevin Parker, Patrick Jones and Travis Popham
- The Longest Drive Men’s was awarded to Kent Audia
- The Longest Drive Women’s was awarded to Eleanor Gibbons
- Most Accurate Drive was awarded to Michael Suit
- Closest to the Pin on all Par 3s to Bill Maynard, Lynn Manni, Craig Helenbrook and Jeff Dale
- Putting Contest was awarded to Dave Baggerly
“We thank all our sponsors and those who participated in this event. Hearing students such as Jared Brooks speak, solidifies why I do what I do,” said Dale Morrissey, senior director of community engagement. “Reinhardt is full of these amazing students – I feel blessed to be a part of it. Thank you for all you do to support our students.”
Reinhardt looks forward to seeing you at the 29th Annual Ministerial Golf Outing, which will be held on May 18, 2022, at Lake Arrowhead Yacht and County Club in Waleska, GA.