Supporting Pathways to success for biology scholars
The Pathways S-STEM at Reinhardt University is an NSF supported scholarship program that provides scholarships to Biology majors. These students represent a diverse population of academically talented students who are in demonstrated need of financial assistance to achieve their education goals.
• $7000 scholarship/ year
• New laptop and software
• Research/ mentoring/ and career guidance opportunities
Scholarship Requirements & Information
To qualify, scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Biology major in the School of Mathematics and Sciences
(Students pursuing careers in health or medical fields of study are ineligible to apply)
- Be a citizen of the United States, national of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), alien admitted as refugee under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Demonstrate financial need based on the information provided in your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be enrolled full-time (12 hours per semester)
- Personal Essay. A 500-word essay on the student’s goals and motivation to pursue a career in a STEM field. The essay should describe the student’s interest in science, why they have chosen the particular major, what they think they need to be successful in their field, and career goals. They can also include relevant extracurricular activities and community service.
- Letters of Recommendation. Two letters of recommendation—one from an instructor teaching in a STEM field and the other from a teacher, employer, or mentor.
- Personal Interview. Items 1 and 2 above will be used to narrow the field of candidates. A personal interview will be held with each of the individuals on the narrowed list. The four-member selection committee and other RU STEM faculty members will conduct personal interviews on campus. If any student is unable to travel to campus, a virtual interview will be conducted.
Scholarship Retention Criteria
Students will retain their scholarships provided they meet the following criteria in each academic semester:
- Academic Performance. Scholars must maintain an overall and major cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Any Scholar whose GPA falls below a 3.0 will be placed on program probation for one semester with additional mentoring and supplemental academic coaching and instruction. If he/she does not show improvement after one semester on probation, he/she will be dropped from the program. If a Scholar is released from the program, RU will select a replacement as described below.
- Academic Progress. Scholars must remain on track to graduate in four years, successfully complete required coursework, and actively participate in the Pathways program.
For more information on this scholarship contact: