Communication and Media Studies
Communication and Media Studies
The Communication and Media Studies Program at Reinhardt provides an energetic and dynamic home for students who are fascinated with creating media in any form--digital film production, writing for the convergent media world, photography and digital imaging, web and graphic design--and also with studying the ever-changing cultural environment in which we produce and consume mass media.
Our curriculum is global in focus and provides students with practical, relevant and integrated communication literacy skills rooted in the critical understandings produced by a liberal arts education.
We equip students not only for the present but for the future. Our major programs provide a range of options by which students prepare for leadership in tomorrow's world.
You can earn a Bachelor of Arts degree or a Bachelor of Fine Arts through our Digital Media Arts degree program, which is offered in collaboration with the faculty in Fine Arts.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Digital Media Arts (B.F.A)
Where are the Communication and Media Studies majors on Reinhardt's campus? You'll find these confident, active and engaged young adults to be some of the most involved student leaders on campus. We are proud of the role that our majors play as officers in student government, as leaders on the court and field in athletics, as key players in musical and theater performances, as editors, writers and photographers for The Eagle Eye campus news outlet, and as leaders of campus organizations.
The life of a Communication major is rarely dull! The classroom and real-world experiences go hand-in-hand to create opportunities for combining theory and practice to achieve tangible results in everything you do.
What Can I Do With a Degree in Communication and Media Studies?
Your courses help you understand how media, culture and society are connected in our rapidly globalizing economy and social world, and they prepare you for a wide range of careers in communication and media.
A degree in Communication and Media Studies will open the door to your future in:
- media writing, directing, editing, and producing
- print and broadcast journalism for local and national affiliates
- corporate public relations, advertising, and marketing
- elementary or high school teaching
- media or entertainment law
- conflict resolution
- corporate or non-profit training and management
- graphic design or creative team building
- corporate management
- public relations, marketing, and advertising firms
- corporate and public sector consulting
Check us out on social media
You can find us on the following social media platforms:
- Communication and Media Studies Program Official Facebook Page
- Communication and Media Studies Majors Facebook Group
- Communication and Media Studies COMment Club Facebook Group
- Communication Alumni Networking on Facebook
- Communication and Media Studies Program on Twitter
- Communication and Media Studies Program Internship Blog
Your first step is to apply to Reinhardt.
If you haven't visited Reinhardt University, please come for a visit.
Or should you need additional information regarding admissions, please contact the Reinhardt Office of Admissions.