Bachelor of Music Education
The Bachelor of Music Education (B.M.E.) degree prepares students to join the ranks of professional educators in the elementary and secondary schools with K-12 certification by the State of Georgia. In addition to Elementary Music Methods and Secondary Music Methods courses, Reinhardt students are required to take courses in String, Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion, and Vocal Methods so that they are prepared to teach in both vocal and instrumental programs. Students are encouraged to participate in both choral
Audition requirements for the Bachelor of Music Education
- An audition is required to be admitted as a music or theatre major or minor, to be considered for a scholarship, or to participate in a performance ensemble as a non-performing arts major.
- All prospective music majors take a placement test in music theory and are assigned to an appropriate piano course. Performing arts enrollment is limited, so early application is strongly suggested.
- Audition dates are subject to change. Verify dates on the School of Performing Arts website: Reinhardt.edu/SOPA
- Auditionees will also interview with faculty members in their respective areas.
- Two letters of recommendation
** Academic and SOPA Scholarships are available.