Students may select the music minor to prepare for a life of continued music participation.
Audition requirements for a Music Minor
- An audition is required to be admitted as a music or theatre major or minor, to be considered for a scholarship, or to participate in a performance ensemble as a non-performing arts major.
- All prospective music majors take a placement test in music theory and are assigned to an appropriate piano course. Performing arts enrollment is limited, so early application is strongly suggested.
- Audition dates are subject to change. Verify dates on the School of Performing Arts website: Reinhardt.edu/SOPA
- All auditioning students are expected to perform at least two solo works and demonstrate their skills in sight-reading or sight-singing. Auditionees will also interview with faculty members in their respective areas.
- Two letters of recommendation
** All auditions will be scheduled Zoom calls on the audition date.
** Academic and SOPA Scholarships are available.