Fall 2020 Move in Day Protocols
Before Coming to Campus
- Complete the COVID-19 Awareness Course Before returning to campus this fall, you will be required to complete health and safety training modules. This course will explain what coronavirus is, identify its symptoms, summarize how it spreads, and define key concepts focusing on prevention. You will be given access to this course in Canvas in mid-July.
- Agree to the Protect RU Pledge – As part of the COVID-19 Awareness Course, we are asking that you to sign the Protect RU Pledging a pledge to affirm your understanding of what is needed to help fight the spread of the (corona)virus and your intention to do your part.
- Limit Interactions – Please restrict your social access for two weeks prior to your arrival on campus. Please limit your interaction with people outside your immediate family. That will increase the likelihood of a healthy community in the first weeks of school. · Daily Self-screening – All persons are expected to monitor their own health daily to limit the spread of the virus. Before coming back to campus for the fall semester, you should self-screen for COVID-19 and consult a doctor if showing symptoms or answering “yes” to any of the screening questions. Once on campus and classes begin, you should self-screen daily and notify the Student Health Center immediately if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Wear Face Mask – You will be required to wear face masks in indoor settings, including classrooms, common areas, conference rooms, shared office spaces, hallways, etc. Masks will be required in outdoor settings where individuals cannot maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. Reinhardt is providing an RU branded mask for each student.
- Social Distancing – You are expected to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others whenever possible while on campus.
- Practice Good Hygiene – You are expected to wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom or touching your face; wipe down commonly touched surfaces in your work or study areas periodically.
- Have a Personal Health Kit – You should bring to campus a personal health kit which should include a basic first aid kit, thermometer, facial covering, gloves and personal hand sanitizers.
Move in Day Protocols
To minimize large crowds in the residence halls, the fall move-in process will be staged over several days and move-in will be staggered by assigned groups.
Move-in Day Guests – Students and guests will be expected to wear face coverings and be limited to no more than two guests per resident who can accompany them during move-in. The number of volunteers will be significantly reduced this year and will not be able to assist with moving personal items. All procedures will follow social distancing and other public health guidelines.
Students moving in are only allowed to have 2 guests to help them move in.
All students and accompanying visitors will need to complete screening measures before and upon arrival to campus.
- If students or guests do not feel well, exhibit symptoms of COVID, have been in contact with COVID-19, have a fever, WE ASK YOU DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS. Please email us at Student_affairs@reinhardt.edu to let us know.
- Bring Masks -- we’ll have some available on campus, including fabric masks available at the campus store, but you’ll likely want to have your own.
- Bring Hand Sanitizer- Include disinfectant spray or wipes as part of your cleaning supplies.
- Staggered Move-in-Times To promote social distancing we are asking all students to sign up for a move-in time. We ask that parents/students only arrive for the time they have sign-up for. This sign-up will be sent to all students Friday, July 17 from Student_Affairs@reinhardt.edu
MOVE IN DATES/TIMES:
- Tuesday August 11 & Wednesday August 12 1:00pm – 5:00pm International Students ONLY
- Wednesday, August 12 9:00am – 5:00pm - Football Team ONLY
- Thursday, August 13 1:00pm – 5:30pm – Fall Athletic Teams ONLY THOSE CONTACT BY COACH
- Friday, August 14 8:00am – 5:00pm – New Students ONLY
- Sunday, August 15 12:00pm – 7:30pm – Returning Students
- PLEASE MAKE NOTE, YOU MUST SIGN-UP FOR A MOVE-IN TIME. Emails will be sent Friday, July 17 from Student_Affairs@reinhardt.edu with a sign-up link