Traditional Students (main-campus undergraduate and duel/joint enrolled students) are required to complete both Sexual Assault Prevention and AlcoholEdu.
Sexual Assault Prevention ™ is an online sexual violence awareness and prevention course that addresses the critical issues of sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. These issues impact as many as 1 in 5 women during their time in higher education. Sexual Assault Prevention is part of a federal mandate under the Campus SaVE Act for all students to learn about sexual violence. These regulations are enforced by the U.S. Department of Education. Sexual Assault Prevention uses a population-level approach to educate all students on the issues associated with sexual assault and relationship violence, taking into, account their unique perspectives and experiences, providing:
- Importance of values
- Aspects of (un)healthy relationships
- Gender socialization
- Sexual assault
- Bystander intervention
- On-going activism
Reinhardt has partnered with the National Domestic Violence Hotline to provide access to an anonymous “Chat with an Advocate” feature within the Sexual Assault Prevention course. If at any time during the course you would like to chat with a trained Hotline advocate, you can click the "Chat with an Advocate" button. Advocates are available to chat every day from 8 a.m. - 3 a.m. EST. No identifiable information of students using the chat feature will be collected nor shared back with the University.
AlcoholEdu®, is an educational online course about alcohol and other drug safety that will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers. It's completely confidential and individual student responses about alcohol and other drug behavior are not accessible by Reinhardt University or any other party. AlcoholEdu incorporates the latest evidence-based prevention methods to create a highly personalized user experience that inspires students to reflect on and consider changing their drinking behaviors. A federally funded, 30-campus randomized control trial found that AlcoholEdu reduces high-risk drinking and alcohol-related harms among college students. The program motivates behavior change by:
- Resetting unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol
- Linking choices about drinking to academic and personal success
- Helping students practice safer decision-making
- Engaging students to create a healthier campus community
You must complete and pass Part 1 and Part 2 of both courses with a score of 70% or higher in order to register for the next semester’s classes.
To fulfill this requirement:
- You will receive a course invitation through your Reinhardt University email with information on how to log into your Foundry-Everfi account.
- Upon first log-in, you will be asked to create a password for your account so that moving forward, if you wish to do so, you can log into your account by visiting the following link (https://admin.fifoundry.net/reinhardt_university/sign_in) and entering your username & password.
- Complete Part 1 of the course(s) by the stated deadline.
- After 30 days you will receive an email invitation to complete Part 2 of the course(s).
- Complete Part 2 of the course(s) by the stated deadline.
- Please note that an automated email will sent every week to remind you to complete the training and a link will be included in that email that you can click to log into your account.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.