Student Activities Council
The Student Activities Council (SAC) exists as the programming and event-planning arm of the Student Government Association. SAC is a student-led organization responsible for providing a balanced schedule of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs and activities. Participation on SAC encourages the development of leadership skills as students initiate, plan, develop, and participate in activities programs and events. This council works with national agencies, local organizations, students, faculty and staff to provide programs and activities for students. SAC focuses on programming on weekday, night and weekend programming.
The purpose of the Student Activities Council is to plan and administer activities for the student body, in order to contribute to a well-rounded social, recreational and cultural life for the Reinhardt University campus and community. The Student Activities Council utilizes the organizational and event management experience and other experiential learning activities as a vehicle for:
- Communication and Collaboration
- Self-Management and Appraisal
- Leadership Development
- Event/Program Management
- Civic Engagement/Responsibility
Learning Outcomes for SAC student leaders
As a result of serving in organization leadership positions, students will:
- Demonstrate professionalism through interactions with students, professional vendors and community members.
- Maintain personal health and wellness in potentially stressful environments.
- Enhance their transferable skills through leadership programs, training and development opportunities.
- Create and assess project goals through reflection on overall outcomes at completion of projects.
- Identify and plan all aspects of an event/program.
- Articulate the importance of good citizenship and how they can impact their community through involvement, service and leadership.
Learning Outcomes for Event Attendees
As a result of attending SAC-planned events, students will:
- Enhance their feeling of engagement, belonging, loyalty and pride with the University.
- Engage with their community with programs/events that are available exclusively on Reinhardt’s campus.
- Interact with individuals that have similar and differing opinions and beliefs on a variety of subjects.