Black History Month
Commemorate Black History Month in February 2020 with Reinhardt University. This month-long series of events celebrates the many accomplishments and the proud heritage of African-Americans. Black History Month is to be celebrated not only in February, but 365 days of the year as it is a part of our American history.
Black History Month Events:
All month long, display of African American Leaders in Math and Science
in the Bannister Glasshouse.
Friday, February 5, 2021
8:00 PM Talent Night, Bannister Glasshouse
- Join us for a Talen Show dedicated to Black History Month! Feel free
to stop by to watch or sign up for a talent!!
Saturday, February 6, 2021
7:00 PM Just Mercy Movie Night, Black Box Theatre
- Join us in the Black Box Theatre for the showing of Just Mercy in the honor of Black History Month!
Monday, February 8, 2021
6:30 PM Finding Your Voice While Pursing a Career in Science, Zoom
- Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd is a leading international expert in weather and climate and is the Georgia Athletic Association Distinguished Professor of Geography and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Georgia. Shepherd is also the host of The Weather Channel’s Weather Geeks, a pioneering Sunday talk show dedicated to science, and he is a contributor to Forbes Magazine. Dr. Shepherd routinely appears on national media outlets like CNN, The Weather Channel, CBS's Face The Nation and more. He also provides expertise to NASA, NOAA, The White House, Congress and other stakeholders. He was honored at the White House in 2004 for his scientific research. He was the first African American to receive PHD in Meteorology from Florida State University and the second African to serve as President of the American Meteorological Society. He is from Canton, Georgia.
- Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 864 7777 9818
Monday, February 15, 2021
7:30 PM RU Leads featuring Denisha Austin, Bannister Glasshouse
- Ms. Denisha Austin in Financial Aid will be hosting our Black History Month RU Leads event!
Friday, February 19, 2021
8:00 PM Soul Food Demonstration, Gordy Dining Hall
- In honor of Black History Month, join us as we learn how to cook some traditional Soul Food dishes!
Sunday, February 21, 2021
7:00 PM Black History Month Bingo, Bannister Glasshouse
- Bingo is everyone’s favorite game! Help us celebrate Black History Month and learn about different figures in history. Make sure to drop by and play some Bingo!
Friday, February 26, 2021
7:30 PM Black History Month Showcase by AASOPA, Virtual
- African American School of Performing Arts (AASOPA) is hosting a Black History Month Showcase, where students will be performing various talents virtually. This will include dance, jazz, spoken word, and different styles of singing.