The color-coded alert system is informed by Reinhardt’s tracking of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths locally and regionally. The information gathered from these sources and use of benchmarks allow Reinhardt to indicate severity. Using these measures, Reinhardt defines conditions and actions within the color-coded alert system. Each color within the Color-Coded Alert System directs Reinhardt’s actions in support of the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and all who visit campus.
Reinhardt University’s current condition is Yellow - Mitigation.
COVID-19 Updates page:
A running total since May 2020, as of 01/25/2021:
- 208 laboratory confirmed cases
- 205 of those 208 positive cases have fully recovered from COVID-19
As of 01/25/2021:
- Isolating on campus: 2 (confirmed positive)
- Isolating off campus: 1 (confirmed positive)
- Quarantined on campus: 1 (direct exposure to a laboratory confirmed positive person)
- Quarantined off campus: 8 (direct exposure to a laboratory confirmed person)
To read more about what circumstances define each level, please read our University-level Prevention and Response to COVID-19 protocol.
- Increase communication with campus community to encourage healthy prevention practices.
- Comply local, state or national executive orders, which may include cancellation or postponement of athletic and cultural events.
- Implement rigorous methods of cleaning of high-touch surfaces in buildings with appropriate cleaning agents.
- Maintain communication with local and state DPH officials.
- Consult best practices and guidance published by DPH, CDC, and WHO.
- Practice contact tracing efforts to extent feasible.
- Enhance signage in classrooms, hallways, and entrances to raise awareness about how to stop the spread of COVID-19, including preventative measures such as staying home when sick, practicing good hygiene, self-monitoring for symptoms.
- Implement social distancing requirements for all meetings and gatherings. Encourage use of digital technology for meetings, instruction, and gatherings. Offer courses in a variety of modalities: on-ground with social distancing, hybrid (50% online/ 50% on-ground with social distancing), and 100% online.
- Require all persons to wear face coverings in campus buildings.
- Require all doors to offices and classrooms to be open. Open windows if possible.
- Establish protocol for campus community members who feel ill or exhibit symptoms when on campus.
- Designate 2% of residence halls to become isolation units.
- Support ways to accommodate needs of community members who are the most vulnerable to COVID-19
UPDATED, November 13, 2020
Gov. Kemp Extends COVID-19 Executive Order
On November 13, 2020, Governor Brian P. Kemp signed Executive Order 11.13.20.01, renewing current COVID-19 restrictions through November 30, 2020. The Order takes effect on November 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
The Executive Order renewal continues provisions to require social distancing, bans gatherings of more than fifty people, the practice of sanitation guidelines published by the CDC, face covering guidelines, and requires sheltering in place for those living in long-term care facilities and the medically fragile, among other provisions.
In a Nov. 13 press release Governor Kemp stated: "As COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations rise across the country, Dr. Toomey and I are asking Georgians to remain vigilant in our fight against COVID-19," said Governor Kemp. "The state has deployed over 300,000 rapid tests to communities across our state, stockpiled a sixty-day supply of PPE, and worked with hospitals and nursing homes to provide the medical staff needed to treat COVID-19 patients. While we are prepared for any scenario, it is vital that Georgians do not grow complacent.
"Continue to wash your hands, wear a mask, watch your distance, follow public health guidance, and get a flu shot. By taking these simple steps, we will protect lives - and livelihoods."
Reinhardt University will comply with all guidelines within the Executive Order and require all who visit the Reinhardt campus to follow University COVID-19 Policies for the health and safety of our community.
Reinhardt University has offered 100% online programs since 2013; the University has also offered general education and elective courses online in an eight-week format since 2014. Additionally, in 2018, Reinhardt launched the Center for Innovative Teaching and Engaged Learning, which is designed and staffed to support faculty in their endeavor to always provide high-quality instruction, whether online, on-ground, or in a hybrid format.
Reinhardt University, therefore, is well equipped administratively, instructionally, and technologically to offer a rich educational experience in a variety of modalities.
- continuing, in partnership with National Management Resources, to provide cleaning agents in classrooms and meeting spaces for cleaning before and after gatherings.
- partnering with food service provider, Metz Culinary Management, in modifying dining arrangements to follow cleaning protocols and enable social distancing.
- installing hand-sanitizer dispensers inside each campus building.
- developing a robust public health awareness and outreach program, which includes increasing visibility of signage and floor markers to remind the campus community of good hygiene, social distancing practices and traffic flow in buildings to reduce social proximity.
- providing guidelines and social expectations for students, faculty and staff to self-monitor for fever or COVID-19 symptoms. In instances of illness, the campus community member will be required to contact RU Health Center for immediate response.
- establishing rapid response procedures for tracking and notification in the event a campus community members contracts COVID-19, as well as reserving residence hall space for self-isolation or quarantine.
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) put together preliminary Fall 2020 Guidelines & Recommendations. These guidelines have been developed in good faith based on what is known at this time. To learn more, please visit https://reinhardteagles.com/general/2020-21/releases/20200701seql2e