Commuter Student Services
Commuter Student Services
Commuter students make up a large portion of the student population at Reinhardt University. Reinhardt provides a variety of special services and opportunities to students who commute to campus each day.
Every student - whether they live on or off-campus - deserves an outstanding and vibrant university experience. Our commuters have many opportunities to get involved on campus: they can:
- join 30+ student clubs and organizations
- play on an athletic sports team or attend athletic event
- participate in or enjoy a enjoy a performing arts event
- use the wellness and recreation facilities
- eat and relax in our Gordy Center (ie dining hall), the Nook (late night grill) and Starbucks.
- Get and job and work on-campus
- utilize the Student Health Center
- access the on-campus food pantry
If commuter students need assistance, they can contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (770) 720-5540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commuter Student Involvement
Some students simply come to campus, attend classes, then depart for jobs or home. Others become actively involved in one or more of the student organizations recognized by the Student Government Association (SGA). Commuter students have a number of elected student representatives in the Student Government Association to ensure that commuter students have a voice on campus. Commuters are also encouraged to participate in all campus clubs, organizations and activities. There are designated programs and activities specifically for commuter students planned throughout the year.
Lounges & Spaces
The Commuter Lounge, on the lower level of the George M. Lawson Academic Center, includes vending machines, lockers, couches, study tables, and kitchenette. In addition, commuter students are also encouraged to utilize the Hill Freeman Library as well as the lounge areas in the Dobb Science Center, Hasty Student Life Center, Smith-Johnston Hall.
If you plan to have a car on campus, you must apply for a parking permit from Public Safety. Choose “Parking Permit” located in the left hand navigation. Parking is available for commuter students in five locations: the commuter lot, which is directly across the street from the Administration Building, the Hagan Chapel and Falany Performing Arts Center parking area, in non-reserved spaces at the Gymnasium, and in the Gordy Hall/Roberts Hall parking lot. Click here for the campus parking map. If you have any questions about parking on campus, please contact Public Safety at (770) 720-5789 or email@example.com.
The Reinhardt University offers numerous academic resources to ensure the academic success of all students.
- Academic Support Office – Is Reinhardt’s accommodation program that ensures access and support for students with documented disabilities. It serves more than 100 students with documented disabilities a year. Staffed with full and part-time faculty, this highly successful program supports students as they strive to master college-level work and pursue their academic goals. Learn More here.
- Center for Student Success – The Center for Student Success provides one-on-one, in-person tutoring from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday in the Center, and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Sunday in the Library. Learn more here.
At Reinhardt we value self-care and life balance. There are numerous resources to promote mental and physical health, from individual and group counseling sessions, to meditation, nutrition, and exercise classes.
- Student Health Center – The Student Health Center offers services to support each student’s pursuit of a healthy life. A nurse is available for regular appointments to treat minor illnesses and injuries and to provide assessment, referral and preventive care, as well as to share health-related educational materials. A licensed professional counselor offers a broad range of confidential counseling services and is a resource for referral to a community counselor and/or other mental health services professionals. Professional services are offered by appointment. Learn more here.
- Campus Recreation – Get active with Reinhardt’s Campus Recreation program. Reinhardt University seeks to improve students’ health and well-being. You can get moving in intramural sports, group exercise fitness classes, outdoor adventures, and much more. Learn more here.
Off Campus Housing
Many Reinhardt students live off campus by personal choice. They have found that Bartow, Cherokee, Cobb, Pickens Counties are great places to live and there is plenty of housing for all lifestyles. Roommate choices, tenant rights, neighborhoods, and safety are all considerations while searching for your independent home.