Requirements for initial admission to the MAT program:
The MAT Program in Early Childhood Education encourages you to apply early. New students are only accepted for fall term; the next entry point will be fall of 2018. All admission documents should be submitted by July 15, 2018 for the fall 2018 cohort.
- Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission or contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for a paper application.
- Contact all postsecondary schools (colleges, universities and technical schools) you attended, whether you earned credit or not, and have each send Reinhardt an official transcript. If your transcripts could be under a different last name or maiden name, please note on the appropriate line on the application. One transcript must reflect a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
NOTE: Applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.75 should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions
for information about an appeals process.
- Submit a copy of the original GACE Reporting Score Form that officially documents passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment in Reading (Test #200), Mathematics (#201), and Writing (#202), or the Combined Test I, II, and III (#700). For more GACE information, visit the website at http://www.gace.ets.org.
When you receive the official GACE scores through an e-mail, forward the e-mail to the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com
EXEMPTIONS: The GACE Program Admission Assessment may be exempted if sufficient scores are obtained on the following:
NOTE: An applicant who has submitted an acceptable application, official transcripts with an acceptable
GPA, and passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment, may proceed to Steps 4 and 5.
4. Complete the GACE Georgia Educator Ethics – Program Entry (Test 350) Assessment.
Add Reinhardt University as a score recipient when you register for Test Code 350 in
order for Reinhardt University to receive notice that you have completed the assessment. For specific
information about the new Educator Ethics Assessment, go to http://gace.ets.org/ethics/about.
5. Sign and submit a consent form for the Criminal Background Check.
After completing these 5 steps, an applicant will receive a letter about his or her admission status from the Office of Graduate Studies.
6. Applicants who are admitted to the MAT will be sent the following forms to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Studies:
a Letter of Commitment, a Registration form, and an application for Pre-Service Certification by the Georgia Professional Standards
NOTE: All documents should be submitted by July 15, 2018 for the fall 2018 cohort.