Living on Campus
Housing and Residential Education
A Cornerstone of the Reinhardt Experience …
Students who live on campus at Reinhardt University find themselves in the middle of campus life with easy access to their classes, the library, and performing arts, recreational and athletic facilities.
Living on campus is a vital part of the college experience and aids the student’s adjustment to college. Most importantly, living on campus provides students with more opportunities to interact with faculty and friends, get involved in campus activities, and access campus resources, increasing the likelihood of his or her overall success.
Wanting to live off campus?
Fill out the following Off Campus Verification form and send it to the Office of Housing and Residential Education.
Need to pay your housing deposit?
Select "Housing Deposit" in the drop down menu for the “Make a One-Time Payment” box.
Reinhardt University requires all students in the following categories to live on-campus in the residence halls:
- All first year students
- All students receiving 50% or more of their tuition expenses from Reinhardt Institutional Aid
Students may apply to be exempt from living on campus if they meet the following criteria:
- Living exclusively with parents or legal guardians in their/her/his primary residence within a 35-mile driving distance of Reinhardt University as measured by Google Maps;
- Married and/or live with dependents/children;
- 24 years of age or older.
If a student believes they meet one of the above criteria, they must complete an Off Campus Living Application and be granted permission to move off-campus before they may do so.
Please note that requests to change status from on-campus resident to off-campus commuter must be received and approved prior to the following dates:
- Fall Semester, one week before the beginning of classes.
- Spring Semester, during the last week of Fall Semester classes.
- Mid-semester changes in status will not be approved.
Important Spring 2023 Dates
- Saturday, January 7, 2023 – Residence Halls will re-open for Spring 2023 semester
- Saturday, January 7, 2023 – Flight Ready
- Monday, January 9, 2023 – Classes Begin
- Monday, March 13, 2023 - Housing applications for 2023-24 are Open
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 – End of the Spring Semester: Residence Halls Close for Summer Break
- Friday, May 5 – Commencement
The mission of the Office of Housing and Residential Education at Reinhardt University is to foster a vibrant living community dedicated to personalized attention that embraces diversity, promotes leadership, cultivates individual development, and enhances the educational experience of each resident.
Be More Likely to Achieve
Research shows that students living on campus are more likely to achieve a higher grade point average, take less time to earn their degree, and become more involved in student organizations and leadership opportunities.
Some of these benefits of living on campus include:
- Caring and Committed Staff
- Fun programs and activities
- Exciting living & learning environment
- Weekly Prayer and praise services
- Form life long and close friendships
- Library and computer labs near by
- No commuting time
- Smoke Free and Drug Free housing facilities
- Dry Campus (alcohol is not permitted)
Your stay on campus will be one of the most memorable and rewarding experiences of your college career. We encourage all students to consider becoming a residential student as the benefits are tremendous.
At Reinhardt, friendships develop quickly, but they are long lasting. Students, faculty and staff are close knit, and living on campus will give you the opportunity to take another step toward independence. Moving away from home helps you learn more about yourself and about others. We embrace diversity and encourage you to discover your own path in life. The time you spend in a residence hall will be a time of personal, emotional and spiritual growth. Whether you are hanging out with your roommate, studying with friends, or deciding which Waffle House to visit for a much needed study break, each day will offer you new and exciting opportunities.