Requirements for initial admission to the MATPP program:
- Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission or contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for a paper application.
- Contact all postsecondary schools (colleges, universities and technical schools) you attended, whether you earned credit or not, and have each send Reinhardt an official transcript. If your transcripts could be under a different last name or maiden name, please note on the appropriate line on the application. One transcript must reflect a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
NOTE: Applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.75 should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for information about an appeals process.
- Submit a copy of the original GACE Reporting Score Form that officially documents passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment in Reading (Test #210), Mathematics (#211), and Writing (#212), or the Combined Test I, II, and III (#710). For more GACE information, visit the website at www.gace.ets.org. When you receive the official GACE scores through an e-mail, forward the e-mail to the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com
EXEMPTIONS: The GACE Program Admission Assessment may be exempted if sufficient scores are obtained on the following: SAT Score Reports dated prior to 07/01/2019: *1000 on Verbal/Critical Reading, and Math, OR *1000 on Evidence based Reading/Writing and Math SAT Score Reports dated on or after 07/01/2019: 1080 on Evidence based Reading/Writing AND Math ACT-43 on English and Math or GRE-1030 Combined Score for Verbal and Quantitative; after 08/01/2011, 297 Verbal and Quantitative
For specific information about GACE Program Admission Assessment exemptions, visit the following Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) link: http://www.gapsc.com/EducatorPreparation/Assessment/BasicSkillsInfo.aspx
NOTE: An applicant who has submitted an acceptable application, official transcripts with an acceptable GPA, and passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment, may proceed to Steps 4 and 5.
4. Complete the GACE Georgia Educator Ethics – Program Entry (Test 350) Assessment.
Add Reinhardt University as a score recipient when you register for Test Code 360 in order for Reinhardt University to receive notice that you have completed the assessment. For specific information about the new Educator Ethics Assessment, go to http://gace.ets.org/ethics/about.
5. Sign and submit a consent form for the Criminal Background Check.
After completing these 5 steps, an applicant will receive a letter about his or her admission status from the Office of Graduate Studies.
6. Applicants who are admitted to the MATPP will be sent the following forms to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Studies: a Letter of Commitment, a Registration form, and an application for Pre-Service Certification by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.