ExCL MPA - Master of Public Administration
Executive Command and Leadership program (ExCL)
Bringing Career Enhancement to Governmental, Private and Nonprofit Organizations
The Executive Command and Leadership program leads to the award of a Master of Public Administration and provides broad based training in subjects such as economics, policy analysis, management and communications. The ExCL is being administered through the Reinhardt University Public Safety Institute and offers a career enhancement path for individuals who are employed by, or interested in working within, public safety, private, nonprofit or public service. The program will be offered at regional sites in north and south Georgia.
This masters program provides the opportunity for qualified individuals to complete training requirements for the award of both the Executive Command and Executive Leadership Certifications through the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.). The program consists of twelve courses with 480 hours of direct instruction, supplemented by interactive online assignments. Each course requires 40 hours of direct instruction delivered through a mandatory face-to-face residency component. The residency component cannot be waived.
See the course outline >
Students who start at the same time take classes together through graduation. This interaction and shared experience leads to a cohesive, collaborative and supportive learning environment. Students' differing backgrounds also broaden the knowledge shared.
- Each eight week class will consist of a forty(40) hour, week long, classroom session coupled with a web enhanced component.
- Small classes are taught by faculty with extensive teaching and field experience which supplements textbook knowledge with practical skills and real life lessons.
- Qualified applicants are not required to take the GRE with an approved GRE waiver.
- The hybrid classroom sessions will meet at the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
|ExCL MPA Program Courses
|MPA 600 Public Administration and Policy
|MPA 605 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
|MPA 610 Research Methods
|MPA 611 Applied Statistics for Public Decision Making
|MPA 615 Special Topics in Public Administration*
|MPA 620 Budgeting and Finance
|MPA 625 Human Services Administration
|MPA 630 Administrative Law
|MPA 635 Ethics in Public Service
|MPA 640 Criminal Justice Administration
|MPA 645 Police Administration
|MPA 655 Criminal Justice Policy
|TOTAL NUMBER OF HOURS
The Executive Command and Leadership program provides the opportunity for qualified individuals to complete training requirements for the award of Management and Executive Career Development Certification through the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.). The program consists of 12 courses with 480 hours of direct instruction, which is supplemented by blended independent / interactive online assignments. Each course requires 40 hours of direct instruction delivered through a mandatory face-to-face residency component. The residency component cannot be waived.
Training credit will only be granted for ExCL MPA coursework approved by the P.O.S.T. Council and completed through Reinhardt University. Training credit shall not be awarded for graduate courses completed at other institutions. Individuals seeking the award of career development training credit must meet the following conditions:
- Be in good standing with the Georgia P.O.S.T. Council or cleared by P.O.S.T. for training and employment;
- Acceptance into the ExCL Master of Public Administration program as a degree seeking student;
- Attend 90% or more of each course residency component as scheduled through Reinhardt University;
- Obtain a cumulative final average of 80% or higher in each course;
- Maintain good standing as a degree seeking student in the Master of Public Administration program.
Dr. Duanne Thompson
- Assistant Professor Criminal Justice & Police Academy Coordinator
Dr. Erin Hager-Henthorne
12 Classes Total