Springtime in the South can often be unpredictable and after a rainout on May 4, the 33rd Annual Dave Henritze Scholarship Golf Classic was held on May 25 to support Reinhardt students.
More than 102 golfers (26 teams) were greeted with a beautiful day on the golf course at Capital City Club-Crabapple raising over $135,000 for Reinhardt University student scholarships.
“We are forever grateful for our incredible sponsors and players that joined us for a great day of golf and fellowship,” said Tommy Beman, golf classic committee chair. “Your support of Reinhardt students provides opportunities that cannot be measured, thank you so much for your generosity!”
Winners for the day included:
- Earning the David Henritze Trophy, low net team representing Coca-Cola North America made up of Ryan Carter, John Cole, Michael O’Connor, and Ian Smith. Their names will be printed on the trophy, and they will keep it for one year at Coca-Cola in Atlanta.
- Low gross team representing United Community Bank and ETC made up of Brett Trimmer, Mitch Kim, Jason Smith, and Trevor McClure.
- The Longest Drive Men’s was awarded to Travis Spriggs
- The Longest Drive Women’s was awarded to Tricia Newton
- Closest to the Pin on all Par 3s included Erick Ward, Ben Dublin, Tricia Newton and Ben Hall
- Putting Contest awarded to Greg Davis and Jim Dowdy
“We want to thank all our sponsors and participants this year,” said Dale Morrissey, senior director of community engagement. “Your generosity helps our students to better themselves and fulfill their dreams of continued education. Without your help, this would not be possible.”
Mark your calendar for May 3, 2022, for the 34th Annual Dave Henritze Golf tournament at the beautiful Capital City Club-Crabapple.