Reinhardt University’s Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda students did it again and will represent the University this summer at the National Leadership Convention in Anaheim, California.
In addition, Reinhardt University Trustee Kevin Williams was named the Business Person of the Year, Kristen Holder was awarded the Who’s Who in PBL and Ethan Alexander was named the Outstanding PBL Member of the Year.
“Nothing brings me greater joy than to serve our team and the community that I love. Reinhardt is a big part of that service that I find a lot of joy in,” Williams said. “I am grateful for the honor but even more grateful to work alongside the Reinhardt students, faculty and staff.”
Without any advance notice or preparation, Bill Hess competed in global awareness and in Georgia history, placing first and second, respectively.
Ten Reinhardt students competed at the state competition in Atlanta April 7-8, and those placing in the top three of their categories earn a spot at the national convention. Alexander said, in preparation for an inaugural car show, that they wanted to raise the money on their own and did not want to ask the University to fund their trip. The car show raised $800, and the team continues to raise funds. The team has set up an online fundraising page with a goal of $20,000. To contribute, visit reinhardtuniversity.onlinedonations.us/home/team-view-fundraiser/1562/1562.
“We are very proud of the students and their accomplishments,” said Dr. Kathy Hyatt, dean of the McCamish School of Business. “These students are stars in their area and deserved to win their awards.”
The PBL-FBLA students participated in the state competition in Atlanta:
- Ethan Alexander – first in sales presentation, first in client services
- Kristen Holder – first in business presentation
- Bill Hess – first in contemporary sports issues, second in sports management and marketing
- Jamie Palmer – first in global decision making and analysis
- Ariel Murphy – second in future business educator, second in statistical analysis
- Abel Ramirez – third in sales presentation
- Luke Williams – third in job interview, second in public speaking
- Salvador Guerrero – fourth in cybersecurity and fourth in financial concepts
- Nicolas Duarte – fourth in project management
- Alonso Williams participated in public speaking and made the top 10
Holder, Murphy, Palmer, Hess, Williams and Alexander have qualified for the national competition. Instructor of Business, Diane Petty, will accompany them.