Skip to content
Lehigh Carbon Community College

A student’s health plays a vital role in how successful he or she is in achieving academic, social, and personal goals.  For most students, entering college marks an important transition in health care from parental management to self-management.  The Student Health Center is here to help!

All students walking into the Student Health Center are treated with the utmost respect and care regardless of age, race, gender and sexual orientation.  All cases are handled in a private, professional manner and all visits are protected under HIPAA/FERPA regulations.

Students can access patient forms, lab results, upload and print required immunization forms, schedule appointments, and communicate with your medical or clinical provider online. Click here to learn more about the Medicat Student Health Portal.

Make an Appointment

To make an appointment with the Health Center please call the office at 770-720-5542, or you may schedule on-line through the Medicat Portal.  Same day appointments are usually available.  Walk-in availability cannot be guaranteed.

If you have an emergency situation or you need help after hours:

Emergencies:  Call 911 and Campus Police at 770-720-5911

Non-emergencies:  Sign on to Virtual Care Groups telehealth to make an appointment with a certifies health care professional or a behavioral health specialist.  You may also visit local urgent care, minute clinic, PCP, or emergency department.  Please see list under Community Resources.  Visits to outside resources are charged to the student or insurance.


The Student Health Center is located in the Smith Johnston Hall. There is no charge for a visit to the Health Center or self-care area. A self-care area is located in the lobby beside the Student Health Center door. A Registered Nurse is available during Health Center hours to give a general assessment of the student. If a more complete assessment is needed, the student is referred to a Primary Care Physician, Urgent Care, Health Department, or the Emergency Department. Resources are available within the community to address specific problems.

General Health Center Services

  • Assessment of minor illnesses and injuries
  • Over-the-counter medications
  • Screenings for COVID, STREP, Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy
  • Blood Sugar Readings
  • Crutches and Wheelchair
  • Community Resource List
  • Health and Wellness Literature
  • Verification of Required Health Documents
  • Fully Stocked Self Care Box


Counseling Services help Reinhardt students learn more about themselves and their relationships with others, as well as ways to deal with development issues. Counseling Services emphasize the struggles that develop when a “healthy” personality grows and changes. A few counseling options are available.

  • Counseling Services are available through Virtual Care Group. These services are available 24/7 and 365 days a year. Book your online appointment through Virtual Care Group (VCG) to meet with a certified mental and behavioral health Counselor specializing in multiple areas of mental health topics including:
    • Addictions
    • Crisis
    • Depression & Anxiety
    • Grief, Loss, and Transition
    • College Life Stressors
    • LGBTQI Support
    • Panic Disorders
    • Stress Trauma & PTSD
  • You can access a behavioral specialist 24/7, 365 days a year from any device. Inquire about an off-site in person counseling resource if needed.|


Community Medical Care


Northside Cherokee

  • 450 Northside Cherokee Blvd
  • Canton, GA  30115
  • 770-224-1000

Piedmont Mountainside

  • 1266 GA-515
  • Jasper, GA  30143

Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center

  • 1320 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy
  • Cartersville, GA  30120
  • 770-382-0029

Urgent Care:

Peachtree Immediate Care

  • 720 Transit Avenue
  • Unit 101
  • Canton, GA  30114
  • 770-720-7000

Northside Cherokee Urgent Care

  • 684 Sixes Rd
  • Suite 125
  • Holly Springs, GA  30115
  • 678-426-5450

Community Clinics:

 MainStreet Family Care

Medical Associates of North GA

Cherokee County Health Department

Bethesda Community Clinic

  • 111 Mountain Brook Cr  Unit 100
  • Canton, GA  30115
  • 678-880-9654

Bartow Family Resources

Food Pantry

Food insecurity is a significant issue in higher education and for a growing number of Reinhardt students concerns about where their next meal will come from (even when they have a meal plan) make it difficult to focus on their studies.

With the support of our local community, Reinhardt has taken steps to address this critical issue by establishing a food pantry to provide stigma-free access to non-perishable food items and basic supplies to food insecure students in need.

The Food Pantry is located within the Student Health Center in the Smith-Johnston Hall. It is open to all students enrolled at Reinhardt University who live on or off campus (campus ID required).

The pantry receives food through donations from faculty and staff, alumni, and many other places. Food donations may be delivered to the Student Health Center. Monetary donations may be made to the Reinhardt University (Food Pantry) through the Advancement Office.

For more information about food and/or monetary donations, please contact the Student Health Center at or 770.720.5542.

Student Requirements

Reinhardt University requests that incoming students submit all required health documents using the Medicat Patient Portal. Medicat is the electronic health record system that Reinhardt University Student Health Center utilizes.


Students who do not submit all required immunization and health documents through the portal may encounter delays with other university processes.  This may prevent you from registering for classes, being eligible for housing, or creating holds on your account.


  • Medical Insurance Card, front and back
  • Immunization Record signed by an official representative of health with the following:
  • Hepatitis B Series
  • MMR Series
  • Varicella Series (Chicken Pox) or Proof of Illness
  • Tetanus Booster or Tdap within the last 10 years
  • Meningitis B Vaccine over the age of 16 OR a signed waiver that you understand this requirement but decline the vaccine. This is required for all residential students.
  • Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire
  • Health History Form
  • Virtual Care Group account activation

Recommended (NOT REQUIRED):

  • COVID Vaccination Record uploaded or COVID Exemption Form located in Medicat

Health Insurance

Reinhardt University expects all students to have health insurance. If you need assistance with finding health insurance on your own, please feel free to contact us for guidance.

  • NEW REQUIREMENT: A copy of your Medical Insurance Card, front and back is required.
  • Students may be covered under a family policy or a private carrier. If you are on your parents’ health care plan, make sure that you have “away from home” coverage if you do not live locally.
  • If you are not otherwise covered, you are required to purchase a health insurance policy from an established provider. Visit for more information.
  • Those eligible may also receive coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which offers free or low-cost health coverage to qualifying low-income, elderly, and disabled Americans.

Students need to keep a copy of their insurance card with them and be familiar with their plan.  You will need a copy of your insurance card and a copy of your prescription card if applicable.

Health Insurance is required for each student. Private health insurance options are available through the Affordable Care Act. Please, refer to for more information.

Communicable Disease Reporting

Report any confirmed or suspected communicable illness or exposure to the Student Health Center immediately.  Instructions will be provided relative to illness guidelines and follow-up in accordance with the Department of Public Health.

A report of a confirmed communicable disease requires Reinhardt to follow the recommendations

of the North Georgia Health District and the Center for Disease Control.  All precautions as advised by the proper authorities will be followed in order to keep staff and students safe. 


North GA Health District:

Special Accommodation Forms

If you have a medical accommodation that needs to be met, please see any of the forms below or reach out to the Campus Nurse.

Student Health Center FAQs

For any additional questions please call the Student Health Center, 770-720-5542 to speak with a staff member or email  All health forms are available on the Medicat Patient Portal.

Who has access to my medical records?

The Student Health Center is compliant with FERPA and HIPPA to protect your health information and privacy.  Everyone at the Health Center has signed a strict confidentiality agreement.  Only those directly involved in your care will access your medical record.  Our recent transition to electronic medical record keeping has added an additional level of security.  We will not share your health record or discuss your information with anyone unless you have given us written consent to do so.

The Student Health Center keeps student records on file 7 years after they graduate/transfer from Reinhardt University.

Can the Health Center write a prescription?

No.  The Student Health Center can refer you to a physician’s office or urgent care to obtain a prescription if needed, or you may access Virtual Care Groups for an escript sent to a local pharmacy.  VCG will not prescribe maintenance medications, such as antidepressants or oral birth control.  Controlled medications for certain conditions like anxiety, pain, and ADD/ADHD must be managed outside the Health Center and VCG by another provider.

Does the Health Center give flu shots?

The Cherokee County Health Department visits Reinhardt in Sept/Oct annually to administer flu shots to any staff or student.  With proof of insurance the shot is at no charge.

Do you give allergy injections in the Student Health Center?

No.  Allergy injections must be managed outside the Student Health Center by your provider.

What medical supplies should I send with my son/daughter to Reinhardt?

The Student Health Center has a variety of over-the-counter medicines and first aid supplies that students can obtain during operating hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm).  Outside of hours there is the Self-Care Box located just outside the Student Health Center door.  It contains most OTC medications and first aid supplies.  A simple first aid kit can be assembled and bought with you to Reinhardt.

Recommended items:

  • Band Aids
  • First Aid Ointment
  • Thermometer
  • Anti-Bacterial Soap
  • Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen
  • Upset Stomach Aid
  • Non-Drowsy Decongestant
  • Non-Drowsy Cough Medicine
  • Cough Drops
  • Hydrocortisone Cream
  • Any prescription medications, medical equipment (inhalers, nebulizers, braces, etc) needed by the student.

What information should my son/daughter have on hand?

It is very important that you have the following:

  • Proof of insurance (a copy of your health insurance card)
  • Names of local pharmacies which accept your insurance plan.
  • Area hospitals which accept your insurance plan.
  • Health history such as known conditions past surgeries
  • List of medications and side effects
  • List of any allergies

What do I do if I am sick or hurt after hours or weekends?

Virtual Care Groups is our Telehealth platform and can be accessed 24/7, 365 days a year from any device.  You may speak to a physician, nurse practitioner, or behavior health specialist.  If you need x rays or lab tests or further evaluation a referral will be given to a community resource.

  • Activate 911 for emergency situations.
  • Campus Security emergency number is 770-720-5911.

As a parent, can I speak to the Campus Nurse about my child’s health issues?

You may speak to the nurse IF a consent is signed by the student giving permission for the nurse to discuss health matters with you.  Consents may be obtained at the Health Center or Medicat/Forms.

Is there a charge for any services in the Student Health Center?

No, there is no charge for over-the-counter medicines, loan equipment, resource materials, and nurse visits. Any service off campus, such as lab and x-rays will be billed by the facility to your private insurance.

Why should I seek counseling?

People usually attend counseling because they want to live a healthier lifestyle, make healthy decisions and generally “feel better.” Some examples of why people may come to counseling include:

  • Cope with depression or anxiety
  • Cope with stress
  • Improve self-esteem
  • Improve relationships
  • Understand their sexuality
  • Cope with grief
  • Become more assertive
  • Address drinking/drug use issues
  • Learn effective time management
  • Adjust to college life
  • Address an eating disorder
  • Address issues associated with sexual abuse/sexual assault

What should I do if someone that I know is thinking about suicide?

Take it seriously. Call 911 or Reinhardt University’s Office of Public Safety at 770.720.5911. For other resources including local crisis lines and national suicide hotlines contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1.800.273.8255 or by texting 741741.