New Student Orientation
Congratulations to our new Eagles and Welcome to Reinhardt University!
Reinhardt University is excited for you to join us for New Student Orientation. We cannot wait for you to join the Reinhardt community. The purpose of NSO is to ensure that your transition into college is one that is seamless and stress-free.
Attending New Students Orientation provided new students the opportunity to:
- Make meaningful connections with faculty, staff members, and other new students.
- Learn about academic and student life resources.
- Gain insight into the campus community
- Learn what it means to be an Eagle
What is New Student Orientation (NSO)?
NSO is a four-part process for Freshmen, Transfer, and Dual Enrollment students: SOAR, Advising & Registration, Flight School, and Eagle Bound.
We want to help you find your place and introduce you to our campus so that you feel at home here at Reinhardt University. Below you will find a brief overview of what to expect during each orientation program.
The first step of the orientation process is a series of one-day sessions. You will select a SOAR session that best serves your needs and fits your schedule. During SOAR, you will….
- Meet your fellow classmates coming to Reinhardt
- Learn about studying and living at Reinhardt and becoming familiarized with campus resources
- Meet faculty and staff that are here to support your growth and development
- Be introduced to your academic program, policies, curriculum, and degree requirements.
- Meet our exceptional Orientation Leaders who want to help you transition to Reinhardt
Once you have made your NSO reservation, you will have a one-on-one interaction with an academic advisor or dean over the summer. Your advisor or dean will reach out to you to schedule an advising appointment through which you will receive your first-semester class schedule.
We have created a course in Canvas entitled Flight School that can be completed asynchronously (self-paced, independently). This online orientation will be like taking a class and includes different modules (units) covering campus resources, policies, and support services. You will receive access to Flight School once you have attended your SOAR session.
To ensure that you have a positive experience throughout New Student Orientation make sure you come prepared! Review “Flight Ready” and complete all action items.
If you still have questions about NSO, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you when you arrive on campus.